Job description / Role
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
• Check / review Contractor's shop drawings for all structural works, including coordination with all the electrical, mechanical, specialist disciplines and architectural requirements of the project and with all the regulatory requirements.
• Implement the contract documents requirements, such as design drawings, specifications, Bill of Quantities, contract conditions, etc. on site.
• Review / check and recommend the correct completed progress percentages of all civil and structural activities to the client / CM for Contractor's Monthly Payment Applications.
• Check, review and approve all the civil and structural materials submittals, proposals, calculations and samples. Refer any complicated design issues to SSH design office for assistance in review.
• Inform Resident Engineer and Head of Structures immediately if any serious incident occurs which could affect the safety, stability, serviceability or durability of the structure, adjacent structures, (or temporary structures), whether in the short or long term. If appropriate, instruct emergency procedures to avoid accidental damage.
• Inspect the civil and structural materials delivered to the project site for compliance with approved materials data / samples. Ensure that testing of the materials is carried out in accordance with the project specifications and relevant codes/standards. Reject and ensure removal and replacement of non-compliant materials.
• Check quality of civil and structural works to ensure compliance with the contract specification requirements, method statements and approvals.
• Issue JSIs, SWIs and NCRs as the case may be applicable.
• Review and approve the As Built drawings.
• Review and comment on contractor’s method statements, quality plans and safety plans.
• Carry out regular periodic inspections at the site to ensure that safety standards are being maintained (e.g. scaffolding, formwork, ladders, shoring, dewatering, etc.)
• Ensure that subordinates on the site are fulfilling their duties correctly with respect to the day to day supervision of the civil and structural works.
• Respond to contractor's RFI's related to civil/structural works. Coordinate with SSH design office if additional design information is required.
• Assist in preparation of snagging lists.
• Assist in preparation and issue of Taking Over and Final Completion Certificates for the building works.
What we are looking for?
SSH are looking for talented Senior Civil Engineer’s to join our team in Bahrain. The Civil Engineer must demonstrate a minimum of 15 yrs. experience working on projects in the Middle East.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
SSH is one of the leading master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management firms in the Middle East, with a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the region.
What do I need to apply?
• Minimum 15 years’ relevant experience in a multi-disciplinary practice with proven experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above.
• Minimum 12 years’ relevant experience in similar projects
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in Bahrain.
• Professional Registration in the country of origin and Bahrain.
• Bahrain High Rise 5 Star Hotel Tower experience
• Experience with renowned International Consultancy firms.
• Ability to deliver under pressure
Engineering Degree from a recognised university in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering
SSH specialises in the delivery of world class construction projects in the MENA region. We are a rapidly expanding multidisciplinary firm with over 50 years' expertise in architecture, engineering, infrastructure and construction supervision.
SSH are respected project leaders, trusted international partners and reputable employers. We aim to be the consultant, strategic partner and employer of choice for the MENA region. Our continued participation in the region's premier construction projects reflects our world class expertise in specialist markets and our unrivalled local knowledge.
About the Company
Having been in business for 50 years, we have accumulated unparalled knowledge, skill, and creativity. We use our expertise to develop a truly tailored innovative and creative solution that is in line with our clients' specific requirements. We don't sell a "house style" - that's not our style.
The firm has its headquarters in Kuwait and has completed a wide range of projects locally and throughout the Middle East. A recent survey conducted by the World Architecture Magazine shows that SSH is currently ranked as number fifty two in the world.
We treat our employees as valued members of the team. We believe in the power of every single person who works here and the individual expertise they bring to a project. We reinforce the worth of every individual by giving them the room to excel.
SSH is registered in Kuwait with the Ministry of Planning, Ministry of Public Works, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ministry of Defense, the Kuwait Municipality and many private enterprises.
The Firm is registered with international and bi-lateral agencies such as the United Nations Development Programme, the International Road Federation, the Arab Fund for Social and Economic Development, the Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development, the Committee for Reconstruction and Development in Lebanon.