Job description / Role
Established on 1929 by Standard Oil Company of California. regional oil and gas leader and an important contributor to modern Bahrain, accounting for a significant portion of the region’s energy-related activities.
The company owns a 260,000 barrel-a-day refinery, storage facilities for 14 million barrels, a marketing terminal and a marine terminal for its petroleum products. About one-sixth of this crude originates from Bahrain Field, with the remainder being pumped from Saudi Arabia through pipelines, with 95% of refined products being exports. The company produces high-quality Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG), Naphtha, Gasoline, Kerosene, Aviation Turbine Fuel, Ultra Low Sulp hur Diesel, Heavy Lube Distillate, Fuel Oil and Asphalt, which form the core of its business.
Key Result Areas
- Manages and ensures all projects assigned to Engineers in his area of responsibility are
Completed on time and within budget
- Monitor progress and gives guidance to Support Engineers, Designers and Field
- Supervisors to ensure that all projects assigned are completed on time and within budget.
- Completes investigations of problems assigned by engineering services requests and provides cost estimates for the operating departments of the implementation of solutions.
- Ensure quality assurance of engineering outputs from his directly supervised staff. Responsible for high quality engineering outputs
- Maintains integrity of engineering documentation by ensuring that all relevant company standards are followed.
Cross Functional Activities
- Provides engineering inputs for planning and execution of Maintenance, Pipeline pigging and T &I related jobs.
- Support other engineering section Project Engineers in implementation of their projects.
- Project Management/Engineering
- Develops, Manages and Implements justifiable projects after obtaining Company approvals.
- Prepares detailed specifications and designs in accordance with the relevant industry codes and company standards.
- Purchases systems and equipment and in finalise Contracts in projects.
- Completes investigations of problems assigned by Superintendent and provides cost estimates for the implementation of solutions.
- Provides approved engineering drawings to carry out essential repairs.
- Provides specifications to maintenance departments to purchase replacement equipment.
Knowledge Skills and Experience
- University Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 10 years of experience in project management in the Oil refining, Oil and Gas production or Petrochemical industries.
- Experience in handling multiple and providing engineering support in an operating refinery environment.
- A thorough knowledge of American and British design codes and standards covering equipment and installation.
- Positive attitude, leadership qualities, Good interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written.
- Must have the ability to write clear and concise reports, letters and proposals
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering