Job description / Role
• Implement the Branch HSE policy and integrated management system manual and relevant procedures at project site
• Ensure that the Health, Safety and Environment principles as per ISO 14001:2015 & OHSAS 18001:2007 standards and where applicable ISO 9001:2015 standards are adapted by all work forces
• Review and update the HSE plans, emergency management plan, and ensure its suitability
• Conduct the site safety induction for Keller, sub-contracted, hired employees, visitors and other service providers
• Implement Keller’s safety principles, standards, rules and sustainable requirements with in the project site
• Ensure that the deployment of competent operatives with necessary certificates and identify the training requirements and communicate to project management
• Lead a team of HSE professionals and provide positive leadership and promote the adoption of local and legal compliances and best practice
• Advise and Ensure provision of suitable and sufficient welfare facilities in line with local regulation
• Implement the emergency procedures, first-aid facilities, safety signs, clothing, equipment inspection & certification, fire safety, site safety inspections and personal protective equipment which includes sub-contractors and visitor
• Periodically inspect the site on HSE implementation and if any deviations occurred, notify to project HSE Manager and or project management and monitor the correction and corrective action
• Perform spot-checking the, welfare facilities, working platform, Load tests, machinery and equipment for any deviation from the standard procedure
• Ensure that the project managers are focused on delivering a safe working environment, plant, equipment and other resources
• Preventions and precautions against or adequate control of, exposure to hazardous substances and danger from flammable, explosive, electrical, noise, vibration, radiation and manual handling risks
• Assist to investigate all incident / accidents, identify the root causes and propose the additional control measure to avoid the re-occurrences and monitor the effectiveness of control measures
• Monitor and assure that the company is proactive, up to date and complies with Health, Safety & Environmental legislation
• Increase the HSE awareness & competency among the staff and employees through training & coaching sessions including induction and other training as identified and recorded through annual training plan
• Represent and promote the organisation's safety culture and performance to third parties (e.g. Clients, customers, and other sub-contractors).
• Develop monthly HSE Statistical report and submit to branch HSE Manager and communicate the results of AFR to all employees of Keller
• Monitor the client, contractors and sub-contractors’ HSE performance and coordinate with all parties to improve the safety culture
• Periodically, carry out internal and external site safety inspections and ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented and adhered to
• Ensure that the HSE plan, method statement & risk assessments are covers all activities and documented properly and are up to date.
• Coordinate with other departments / organizations and relevant authorities in terms of HSE related issues and take appropriate actions to close them out.
• Execute the proposals for safety department.
• Apart from above, perform any specific task entrusted by BM / HSE manager and or Bu ME Management
• Document all HSE events in its appropriate forms and checklists
• Ensure the customer satisfaction during the course of project execution
• Bachelor degree in Science (chemistry or physics) or Engineering; NEBOSH OSHA & IOSH technical certificates are must.
• 5 to 8 years’ experience in similar job activities and unrivalled knowledge of safety codes and guidelines of working country
• Language: Fluent in English, Urdu and Hindi
About the Company
Keller’s experience in the geotechnical engineering industry is now over 155 years. Currently Keller is the world’s largest independent Ground Engineering Contractor, renowned for providing technically advanced and cost-effective foundation solutions. Our reputation is built on Engineering excellence and a commitment to continual innovation. Our services are used across the construction spectrum in infrastructure, industrial, commercial, residential and environmental projects. As subcontractor specialists in geotechnical engineering, we have established an international and local presence in the Middle East. Our strong reputation for delivering innovative and cost-effective foundations and ground engineering solutions together within an environment where safety is the number one priority, has made use the reputable company we are today. Working at Keller also means having plenty of opportunity for development. As Keller´s business is very challenging, we need to rely on highly skilled professionals. Thus, we support our employees continuously in their personal and professional development. We offer a wide range of training, coaching and other workshops which cover various competencies, including: Technology, Customer relations, Business efficiency, Leadership, Working methods and Communication skills.