Job description / Role
Working with the Head of Infrastructure to help supervise and manage locally driven IT services while providing a common level of technology within the firm. Provide a level of prioritization of tasks and assignments while synchronizing the responsibilities across Infrastructure team members.
Global Financial Services firm with large Middle East presence.
* Contribute and help drive a business-oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques.
* Contribute to the development and implementation of the strategy and road map, and ensures its integration with the overall IT and enterprise strategic plans.
* Supervise the Bahrain local technology Infrastructure team and oversee assigned tasks, project deliverable and operational issues.
* Champions team involvement in the IT innovation efforts and its role in experimenting with new solutions to take advantage of business opportunities.
* Provides oversight for the design, development, operation and support of IT systems that fulfil the needs of the business, including the full life cycle of technical architecture, infrastructure engineering, infrastructure operations and IT service support.
* Provides management of strategic vendor and partner relationship management.
* Ensure comprehensive disaster recovery architecture is maintained and operations are in place to ensure compliance with required RPOs and RTOs during business continuity events (emphasising but not limited to storage area networks and redundant, highly-available server and network architectures).
Highly competitive salary package on offer plus chance to progress through the ranks at a growing global business.
***MUST HAVE FINANCIAL SERVICES EXPERIENCE***
* Bachelor's in computer science, information systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
* 9 or more years of experience in IT and business/industry.
* 3 years of supervisory or project management responsibilities.
* Experience in managing infrastructure teams.
* 5+ years technical knowledge of VMware View, vCenter, ESXi, and related virtualization technologies.
* Experience managing/supporting a production VMware View & Virtual Center environment.
* Technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows technologies, Active Directory, SCCM, SharePoint, InTune MDM, DHCP, NetAPP, and Windows Server Operating Systems.
* Experience with networking and FlexPOD administration including Hyperconverge technologies is a plus.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.