Job description / Role
My client is a Design Office in Bahrain specialized in high end residential projects. We pride ourselves in being able to adapt to projects and to the client's need.
Essential requirements and Role Outline
• Highly motivated, committed, team playing all round senior interior designer with strong background in running high end luxury projects. The successful person will work on exclusive residential projects.
• The Senior Designer is responsible for producing high quality project design deliverables in both FF&E and construction documents and can work on any/all phases of development including Pre-Design, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents and Construction Administration.
• Working closely with the Construction Project Manager on tasks and deliverables and work directly with him/her to ensure the facilitation of a project’s completion; on-time, on/under-budget, and meets quality standards.
• In one or a combination of areas of expertise, a Senior Designer has a high level of mastery in Construction Documentation and/or Concept Development/Selections.
The Senior Interior Designer
• Consistently bringing great, fresh, innovative ideas to the team that are project appropriate, captures the look and attitude and articulates why they feel it meets the needs of the client, from hand sketch to 3D modelling
• Ability develop vignettes and hand sketches of interior, architectural and FF&E ideas that work in the space and meet intended design goals – and then articulates ‘why concepts work’ to the team.
• Has a well-developed eye for scale and balance, designing elements that ‘fit’ the space for maximum impact.
• Can differentiate the needs of different ‘styles’ and ‘looks’ and deliver those styles without letting personal preferences impact choices.
• Designs ‘around corners’ not just major areas - so spaces flow consistently, areas tie together for maximum impact and secondary focal points are established and used to build upon the underlying ‘story’ and attitude.
• Regularly follows trends in Architecture, Art, Materials and Interior Design so that own work and ideas are of an ‘International’ caliber as well as sophistication level.
• Is highly skilled in ‘Lighting’ as a design element, knows how to use lighting and shadows for drama and impact. Regularly follows lighting magazines to watch for new trends and applications and fixtures. Introduces new ideas and approaches in concepts.
Proven experience in running and delivering projects from initial concept to completion, to include:
• Concept design
• Production information
• Tender process
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering