Job description / Role
Our client is a leading Islamic retail bank based in Bahrain , providing a diverse range of Sharia compliant products. They are currently looking for a Senior Internal Auditor.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Conduct planning efforts for individual elements of the audit plan and allocate appropriate resources (including self) to each audit engagement.
• Conduct and lead audits allocated to self either alone or assisted by other appropriate resource(s).
• Perform process level risk analyses, internal control assessments and concluding on residual risk and identifying opportunities for improvement
• Prepare audit programs for performing test of internal controls and arrange for the testing work to be performed.
• Maintain engagement level documentation of planning, analyses, testing and conclusions in accordance with the standards set by the department and the Institute of Internal Auditors.
• Contribute to the performance of an annual (or need based) risk assessment and the preparation of an annual risk based audit plan.
• Assist in the preparation of the internal MIS on the status of execution of the audit plan every month and coordinating for department level meetings to discuss this aspect.
• Prepare internal audit reports or other forms of communication on work undertaken by the internal audit department, discuss observations and recommendations with relevant management through formal exit meetings (and other means of communication as appropriate) and submit the draft reports for clearance to the Head of Internal Audit.
• Keep abreast and share with the department the evolving regulation and the operations of the Bank for application in internal audits.
• Assist the Head of Internal Audit and/or the Internal Audit Manager in implementing a reporting framework by preparation of reports, analysis and other internal audit MIS and, in preparation of the internal audit submissions to the Audit & Governance Committee.
• Establish strong relationships with middle level management in all departments to ensure issues are identified as evolve and are escalated to the Head of Internal Audit and the Internal Audit Manager.
• Manage and monitor the flow of day-to-day operations and team members' responsibilities, tasks status and overall performance.
• Serve as the unit's point of contact to communicate with other departments, resolve issues and provide reports/status reports on team activates and projects.
• Train, provide training and help develop team members to familiarize and update them about day-to-day operations, policies, procedures, techniques and tools to support task and/or project completion.
• Coordinate the team logistics.
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the Head of Internal Audit.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor degree in a Business related major, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
• CA, CPA, ACCA or CIA.
• Six to eight years of overall work experience of which at least two years should have been in a banking environment.
• Two to three years internal audit experience is essential.
• One to two years of experience in a Big4 firm would be of added advantage but not mandatory.
• Good skills and knowledge of governance, business processes, risk management, internal controls and internal audit preferably in a financial services environment.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Group Internal Auditor
Senior Internal Auditor (Healthcare)
Internal Audit Manager
|Ras Al Khaimah||5 Mar|