Job description / Role
* To assist in performing all types of Internal Audit (IA) engagements of the Group's processes per the defined methodologies to provide the Head of IA with audit reports per the IA Plan.
* Contribute to the IA department by identifying risks associated with business objectives and evaluating the controls in place to mitigate those risks in order to improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
* Provide value-added advice and support to stakeholders on the creation or modification of policies, procedures, processes, products or services to ensure an appropriate level of internal control and compliance is maintained.
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
* University Degree in Business / Finance
* Recognized professional designation in Accounting (e.g. ACCA, CPA)
* Professional certification - Preferably CIA / CISA / CFE
* 4-5 years full time IA experience, preferably in motor or general insurance and/or regulated industry, or with a Big 4 audit firm
* Solid understanding of risk and control concepts
* Excellent understanding of IIA Standards
* Excellent understanding of accounting principles and Financial Statements
* Good understanding of data analytics and its application in audit engagements
* Knowledge of rules and regulations in Bahrain, especially regulations applicable to insurers
* Knowledge of a multi discipline organization
* Well-developed technical skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio.
* Excellent command of both written and spoken English
* Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with all levels within an organization
* Unquestioned personal integrity with strong ethics and values
* Ability to demonstrate integrity, credibility, confidentiality and responsibility in all interactions
* High degree of aptitude regarding attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
* Ability to deliver IA engagements from end-to-end, working independently and with minimum supervision
* Commitment to self-development and expansion of knowledge
* Good presentation skills
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple engagements
* Work effectively under pressure
* Proactive approach
* Prepared to get down to grass roots level when necessary to identify the root cause
* Polite demeanor and friendly in communicating with others
About the Company
A leading insurance group in Bahrain.