Job description / Role
Our client specializes in providing legal and business solutions to organizations and investors. They are currently looking to recruit a Senior Lawyer to be based in Bahrain.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Issuing legal opinions to individual clients and corporate entities in GCC countries in relation to corporate and commercial law, construction law, GCC unified customs law, employment law, criminal law, banking and finance law, real estate law and other legal matters.
• Supervise and handle corporate and commercial matters for retained clients
• Manage in-house legal issues for large retained business groups. Advising client’s management of all aspects of the company’s operations and alternates available to avoid potential risks.
• Arrange to coordinate and obtain necessary license from the Central Bank of Bahrain and other regulators and ensure compliance on behalf of the clients.
• Drafting all pleadings and submissions for the arbitration cases through private arbitration, GCC Commercial Arbitration Center, Bahrain Chamber for Dispute Resolution, and ICC.
• Drafting and reviewing all kinds of contracts including but not limited to Shareholder Agreements, Share Purchase Agreements, Sale and Purchase Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements, Tenancy Agreements, Employment Agreements, Services Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Construction Contracts, Trademark License Agreements, Outsourcing Agreements,
• Advising on implications and implementation of new laws
• Advise on strategies
• Design and implement plans for of judgment on behalf of clients.
• Draft and negotiate transactional agreements /documents on behalf of the clients and advise on their implementation
Qualifications & Experience
• 13+ Post Qualification Experience, with a strong background in general commercial law
• Must have experience in Law Firms.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with a variety of cultures and working practices.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and drafting and negotiation skills are essential
• Flexible approach to meet the changing priorities of the firm or its clients’ businesses.
• Being able to stay calm under pressure
• An analytical approach for large amounts of information
• Attention to details.
• Project Management skill to plan and manage the conduct of engagements and able to prioritize workloads at any given time. Skills
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering