Job description / Role
• Working for a boutique law firm in Manama, you will be managing 5-6 lawyers and will have expertise in Commercial Law, Corporate Law, Contracts, Real Estate, Agency, Distribution and Franchise Agreements, Intellectual Property Laws, Dispute Resolution.
You will be responsible for:
• Issuing legal opinions to individual clients and corporate entities in GCC countries in relation to corporate and commercial law, construction law, GCC unified customs law, employment law, criminal law, banking and finance law, real estate law and other legal matters.
• Supervise and handle corporate and commercial matters for retained clients
• Manage in-house legal issues for large retained business groups. Advising client’s management of all aspects of the company’s operations and alternates available to avoid potential risks.
• Arrange to coordinate and obtain necessary license from the Central Bank of Bahrain and other regulators and ensure compliance on behalf of the clients.
• Drafting all pleadings and submissions for the arbitration cases through private arbitration, GCC
• Commercial Arbitration Centre, Bahrain Chamber for Dispute Resolution, and ICC.
• Drafting and reviewing all kinds of contracts including but not limited to Shareholder Agreements, Share Purchase Agreements, Sale and Purchase Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements, Tenancy Agreements, Employment Agreements, Services Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Construction
• Contracts, Trademark License Agreements, Outsourcing Agreements,
• Advising on implications and implementation of new laws?
• Advise on strategies?
• Design and implement plans for of judgement on behalf of clients.
• Draft and negotiate transactional agreements /documents on behalf of the clients and advise on their implementation.
• The firm has a great working environment with a very friendly and approachable Chairman which sets the tone of the office, hence the right personality fit is crucial for them.
• They prefer someone who has a solid work history with law firms and hasn't jumped around jobs regularly.
• They are happy to take someone from overseas however this person will pay their own relocation.
• The firm will provide one week in a hotel on arrival and they will assist you with finding accommodation thereafter.
BHD 2,000 to 5,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• 10-14 years Post Qualification Experience, with a strong background in general commercial law.
• Experience mentoring and managing other lawyers.
• Must have experience in Law Firms and a solid work history.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with a variety of cultures and working practices.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and drafting and negotiation skills are essential
• Flexible approach to meet the changing priorities of the firm or its clients’ businesses.
• Being able to stay calm under pressure
• An analytical approach for large amounts of information
• Attention to details.
• Project Management skill to plan and manage the conduct of engagements and able to prioritize workloads at any given time.
• Problem Solver
• Similar role
• High academic grades
• Team Leader
• Math skills.
• Driven English Speaker
About the Company
MENA Recruit is a boutique Executive Search and Recruitment firm focused on meeting recruitment needs from Business Services through to Partner and General Counsel level within the legal sector. This extends to in-house and private practice in multiple industries covering the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait and Egypt along with a select group of tier one international firms in Australia.
With over 20 years’ recruitment experience in London and Dubai, we have developed strong international ties in the UK, USA and APAC and have an extensive local Middle East network to draw from. We are committed to providing a bespoke service to clients and candidates.
Partner - Commercial Lawyer
Head of Legal
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)