Job description / Role
Our client specializes in providing legal and business solutions to organizations and investors. They are currently looking to recruit a Senior Lawyer (Litigation) to be based in Bahrain.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Meeting Provide high quality legal and management support to the Director of Dispute Resolution
• Conduct high-level legal research, develop strategies and provide risk assessment for handling cases and projects.
• Maintain strong client relations through consistent communication and feedback related to ongoing cases and legal matters.
• Prepare and draft legal documents such as legal notices, claim statements, court memorandums, wills, deeds, petitions, POAs, leases amongst others.
• Liaise with different government authorities as required.
• Supervise legal assistants, junior lawyers, paralegals, and related litigation staff members.
• Negotiate settlements of civil disputes.
• Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case.
• Advise executives and senior management on strength of claims and defenses, dispute avoidance and resolution.
• Advise clients concerning business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits, or legal rights and obligations.
• Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for individuals and businesses.
• 10-13 years Post Qualification Experience, with a strong background in general litigation and dispute resolution.
• Senior-level experience in a legal firm.
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Flexible approach to meet the changing priorities of the firm or its client.
• Ability to work well in high-pressure environments.
• Attention to details.
• Project Management and multitasking skills.
• Problem solving skills
• Arabic and English Speaker
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering