Job description / Role
Senior Legal Counsel - Leading Financial Institution
This hire will support day to day activities of the legal team with a particular focus on the structuring and drafting of a range of transactions, as well as developing the Islamic finance offering
Major Financial Institution with a strong brand name and a broad global outreach
* Oversee the legal function and provide advice to various different businesses and functions
* Draft and negotiate contracts and other legal documentation
* Be a key figure in the development and growth of the Islamic finance branch
* Ensure all legal policies and requirements are satisfied by the group
* The chance to work for a leading, household name organisation
* clear scope for growth and the chance to develop your own niche within the organisation
* Tax-free expat income
* Multicultural workforce where English is widely spoken
* Strategic location, global business and travel hub
* The ideal candidate will be UK/Common Law qualified, and will be at the senior end of the scale (7 years experience minimum).
* A solid grounding in various forms of banking law is a must, as is some knowledge of Islamic finance.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Saudi Aramco Total Refining & Petrochemical Company (SATORP)