Job description / Role
Our client is a quality boutique investment and asset management firm. They are currently looking to recruit Senior Manager – Compliance & Risk
Duties & Responsibilities
• Undertakes the responsibility for the establishment of an adequate and effective framework for identifying, monitoring and managing the Firm’s risks & compliance across all its operations.
• Risk Management Function.
• Compliance function;
• Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO);
• Constant awareness of the Firm’s risk position and act to prevent problems.
• Ensure adherence to the Firm’s risk policy & procedures as well as local guidelines determined by the Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB).
• Identify the major sources of business risks in the following categories; Credit risk; Market risk; Liquidity risk; Operational risk; and any additional categories relevant to its business.
• Measure, monitor, and control the identified sources of business risks associated with the Firm’s operations.
• Proactively structure solutions to risk issues.
• Develop relevant frameworks, metrics and reports for risk analysis of the Firm’s products and portfolios.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the company's internal control framework in addressing risks and accomplishing the company’s goals and objectives.
• Provide training sessions and technical support to the Firm and its Board of Directors with regard to risk management, compliance and AML, as necessary.
• Timely submit the periodic reports to the CBB, ARGC and Management, as required.
• Update ARGC and Management on a quarterly basis on risk management, compliance and AML issues, as appropriate.
• Correspond with other departments and provide guidance by interpreting Risk Management policy and provide recommendations with regarding to risk issues.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Protect the Firm’s privacy by keeping the information and plans confidential.
• Perform any other relevant duties as may be required and requested by the Management.\
BHD 2,000 to 2,500 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Qualifications & Experience
• Master’s degree or equivalent from a reputed education institution
• 8 – 10 years’ experience in Risk & Compliance
• Approved by the Central Bank of Bahrain
• Fluency in English
• Good Communications Skills
• Preference for Bahraini Nationals
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Compliance Officer / Senior Officer
Global Bankers Search and Selection
Head of Risk Management - ERM
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Big Fish Recruitment