Job description / Role
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Promote an enterprise-wide-risk management competence company wide, including facilitating the development of risk management culture, common risk language, and technical risk management expertise.
• Establish enterprise-wide-risk management policies, which define roles and responsibilities
• Develop policies, plans, procedures, systems and other disciplines to be used to minimize, mitigate, and limit the risks associated with the exposures identified in line with the company’s overall risk management policy.
• Review all policies and procedures from controls and risk point of view to ensure their soundness.
• Enhance and align processes to identify, measure and report all relevant risks facing the company to ensure a comprehensive assessment of risks.
• Determine relevant risks and consider their implications and ensure effective controls are in place to mitigate each of the identified risks considering its impact and likelihood.
• Develop and maintain a Risk and Control Self-Assessment framework which provides for the identification of inherent risks, mitigating controls, and residual risks.
• Monitor operational risks by maintaining operational risk database for all entities and disseminate monthly reports/updates to the Management.
• Assist the Higher Departments in implementing risk appetite/tolerance, risk profile and risk management strategies and policies.
• Report to Senior Management on control lapses, exceptions and corrective actions needed to progress thereon.
• Respond to any other engagement requested by the Management, to ensure the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management and general control framework within the company.
• Knowledge of current risk management standards, compliance regulations and trends.
• Analysis and planning
• Having strong numeric skills with a deep understanding of risk management methodologies, both quantitative and qualitative.
• Negotiation and convincing and Problem solving
• Ability to work unsupervised, in a fast-paced team environment
• Proven IT skills in all Microsoft Office programs
Experience & Qualification Requirements:
• Minimum 7 years of practical experience in the financial industry
• Relevant 5 years in Risk Management position.
• Must have knowledge of different regulatory environments, regulatory compliance requirements, and risk management principles.
• Bachelor's Degree and advanced degree preferred.
• Relevant professional qualification/certification(s) specific to the role.
• Such certifications may include but are not limited to:
• Institute of Risk Management qualifications (IRM); or
• Financial Risk Manager (FRM); or
• Professional Risk Manager (PRM); or
• Other relevant qualifications.
About the Company
Human Capital House was set up in the year 2013 with a vision to be a progressive talent acquisition partner for organizations within the local and regional market in the Middle East.
As international markets get ever demanding, corporations globally are presented with the challenges of attracting the right talent. Human capital retention and recruitment remain a critical factor to the success of any company. Strategic decision to recruit the right talent is a key issue to organization as wrong candidate selection can potentially be disastrous to their efficiency.
The critical aspect of choosing the right individual with the apt experience and knowledge becomes more crucial as he/she would need to share the ambitions of the employer, while fitting in to the new culture. Human Capital House has both the experience and expertise to help its clients make the right choice of selection. From understanding client requirements, through identifying and assessing the candidates, our systematic approach strives to ensure successful executive recruitment.