Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
• Obtain new employment visas/work permits for all expatriate employees.
• Monitor and renew employee residence permits.
• Obtain new residence visas for dependents of employees.
• Facilitate renewal of residence visas for dependents.
• Facilitate obtaining and renewal of Expatriates' passports for employees and dependents.
• Facilitate and follow-up cancellation of visas for employees and dependents.
• Facilitate complex medical / police procedures in the event of the death of any employee or next to kin.
• Responsible to administer the following for business facilitation on a day-to-day basis:
• Liaise with embassies / foreign diplomatic missions to enable business visits.
• Liaise with Bahrain Immigration dept. in obtaining business entry visas for global business visitors.
• Administer company and joint venture companies' licenses and tax remittances with various Bahrain govt. authorities viz., Economic Department, Municipality, Chamber of Commerce and Ministry of Finance & Industries etc
• Provide expert advice to business and employees on all visa formalities and all other gov't related procedures.
• Accountable for maintaining accurate records for all above services.
• The ever-changing government rules and regulations require the post-holder to be abreast of updates on information/documents and at times certain jobs have to be tacked efficiently without much notice.
• Any TO-DO-NOW jobs always have to be evaluated, prioritized, and accomplished at short notice.
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.