Job description / Role
The role is to develop and manage the preparation of assigned research reports according to scheduled timelines and within assigned budgets while maintaining client’s relationship. The key objective is to deliver Islamic finance knowledge solutions to clients of the Islamic finance business unit. Will be required to independently conduct research and work with the broader Islamic finance team, and take the lead on maintaining client relationships and various stakeholders in the Islamic finance industry.
• Complete research studies and prepare client deliverables up to the required quality and within the designated budget and timeframe as directed by the Research Manager.
• Actively participate and engage in the writing research reports projects from concept to final delivery on time.
• Actively manage and engage in the preparation of assigned internal and external research projects from planning stage to impact delivery.
• Engage with the project manager to deliver the required quality, analysis, language in a timely manner and is up to the standard.
• Support the development of marketing collateral, report presentations, press releases and other marketing content related to research projects.
• Responsible for the client management and engagement, keep the client informed and ensure that the project is delivered in a timely manner, and clients are satisfied.
• Manage, prepare and monitor the Daily and Weekly Briefings in a timely and accurate manner.
• A Bachelor’s Degree holder in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Accounting or Business from a reputable university
• Strong background in Islamic finance demonstrated by a degree, certificate or diploma or through at least three years of related work experience is preferable.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years experience as an analyst conducting and writing research reports, preferably in the financial services industry.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in an advisory capacity in major consulting firms, preferably in the financial services industry.
• Work experience in the Islamic finance industry is preferable.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with individuals at various levels within the organization and external clients.
• Good critical thinking, questioning, and listening skills; excellent attention to detail.
• Demonstrated quantitative abilities
• Strong attention to detail.
• Problem-solving and analytical skills
• Time management skills for managing multiple tasks simultaneously, while completing work within allocated time frames.
• Advanced skills using Microsoft Applications: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Conveys professional attitude at all times
• Writing and developing Arabic content is a plus
About the Company
Refinitiv, formerly the Financial & Risk business of Thomson Reuters, is one of the world’s largest providers of financial markets data and infrastructure. Serving more than 40,000 institutions in over 190 countries, we provide information, insights, and technology that drive innovation and performance in global markets. Our 160-year Reuters heritage of integrity enables customers to make critical decisions with confidence, while our unique open platform, best-in-class data, and cutting-edge technology bring greater opportunity to our customers. By advancing our customers, we drive progress for the entire financial community.
Research Analyst / Manager
Head of Lending
Research Analyst / Manager
Sales and Marketing Manager - Financial Services