Job description / Role
Mott MacDonald is a £1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 180 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture. At Mott MacDonald, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
Main Purpose of the Job:
The Senior Urban Planner will work with the PMO team to provide urban and regional planning support.
- Lead the planning and design of areas including layouts, land allocation and other considerations such as densities, heights etc
- Prepare work schedules to convert project objectives into detailed plans, adhering to the client's requirements
- Implement measures for the PMO and lead by resolving any technical issues and deviations from the project
- Lead the process of monitoring to ensure output is in line with the agreed specifications
- Contribute to the development of high-level master planning design
- Assist with the development of master plans and design guidelines
Essential Candidate Requirements:
- Minimum qualification MSc in Urban Planning
- Minimum 15 years' international experience in executing urban planning projects and management; at least 10 years in urban planning and 5 years in similar works
- Continuously looking for innovations and improvements to manage workload and accomplish deliverables across individuals, teams and projects
- Able to manage multiple teams with diverse backgrounds on geographically and culturally diverse teams
- In Mott MacDonald, we have a strong policy ethical behaviour and expect the highest standards of ethical practice. These are at the core of our corporate values hence do not engage in any aspects of bribery or corrupt practice. As such, we expect staff must always act:
- With integrity
- With due skill, care and diligence
- In good faith, and
- In compliance with all applicable laws
- Adopting an adaptive mindset and using strategic and critical thinking to approach problems in a new way
- Ability to deal efficiently with priorities and manage time appropriately
- Advanced level proficiency with all MS Office products, including: Outlook; Word; Excel; and PowerPoint
- A dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels including external stakeholders
- Ensure MacDonald HSE policies are at the forefront of all activities
- Adopting a proactive approach towards complex tasks and overall delivery
- Sound knowledge of professional and international standards
We thank you for your interest in this position and would like to inform you only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the Company
The Mott MacDonald Group is a diverse management, engineering and development consultancy delivering solutions for public and private clients world-wide.
Mott MacDonald's uniquely diverse 1 billion global consultancy works across 12 core business areas.
As one of the world's largest employee-owned companies with over 14,000 staff, we have principal offices in nearly 50 countries and projects in 140.