Job description / Role
1) Interpret interior design plans, working alongside the interior design and FF&E Design and Procurement manager and prepare material lists and specifications to be used.
2) Analyse plans and details or diagrams, observe and makes notes on materials to prepare specifications for FF&E, Lighting, Accessories and Art
3) Write technical descriptions specifying materials, utilizing knowledge of material standards, fabrication procedures, with photographs, sketches and drawings.
4) Assist in maintaining and developing the library of catalogues and other information for designers and architects to use.
5) Prepare and issue specifications manuals for budgeting, costing and procurement purposes.
6) Develop specification requirements and solutions.
7) Work with project teams to develop documents throughout project phases.
8) Stay current on product development, new materials, code changes and industry trends
9) Handle complex designs and assignments under minimal supervision.
10) Maintain client standards
11) Maintain all revisions of specifications.
12) Update and maintain work log.
13) Prepare specification documents for review with FF&E Design and Procurement Manager for clients submittal.
1) Degree in design, or related technical subject
2) Strong technical skills and keen eye for detail
3) Solid background and experience in Microsoft and AutoCAD software
4) Strong organizing and coordination skills
5) Clear communication skills, verbal, written and oral
6) Knowledge of construction, building design, practices and techniques would be preferable
7) Multitasking, assertive and quick leaner
8) Language Skills: Must have the full capability to read, analyze and interpret drawings and specifications. Therefore, fluency in the language is mandatory for this position.
9) Reasoning ability: Proactive to solve problems and ability to define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
10) The candidate should also be self-innovative, creational and able to work under minimum level of supervision in a heavy workload environment. This will be beside a quality sense of defining technical problems, and solutions.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering