Job description / Role
Solid background in refinery waste water treatment and refinery utilities systems, for the Technical Services Department to provide process engineering technical support related to waste water treatment and refinery utility facilities.
Candidates must have detailed knowledge of primary, secondary and tertiary treatment of refinery waste water streams using API, Induced Air Floatation (IAF) or Dissolved Air Floatation (DAF), and Membrane Bioreactor (MBR), as well as a solid understanding of other refinery utility facilities e.g. thermal desalination, steam generation, cooling water systems and water treatment programs.
Applicants must have a proven track record in performance monitoring and optimisation of refinery waste water treatment processes, which utilise membrane technologies and should have experience in refinery utility systems. Such experience must also include troubleshooting, undertaking of performance surveys, onsite field checks, preparation of performance reports, and participation in shutdowns and turnarounds for maintenance and inspection.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
• At least a BSc level degree, or equivalent, in Chemical Engineering from a recognised University
• At least seven (7) years of relevant experience, most of which will have been in a refinery technical services role, providing process engineering support for waste water treatment and utilities systems
• Expert knowledge of waste water treatment using membrane technology
• Solid experience and understanding of other refinery utility facilities e.g. thermal desalination, steam generation, cooling towers and chemical water treatment
• A good working knowledge of some of the main process simulation software used in the refining industry e.g. AspenTech Hysys, ProII, PetroSim, HTRI. A working knowledge of Visual-MESA, in particular, is an added advantage
• Excellent written and spoken English, good communication and mentoring skills, and the ability to influence and gain support from various technical teams within the refinery
The successful candidate will also be:
• A highly developed critical thinker, with excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Self-motivated, creative and able to exercise initiative
• Able to organise, plan and execute work effectively, independently and within teams
• Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Able to mentor and inspire younger, less experienced process engineers
• Able to coach others working with him/her
• Skilled in using MS Office software e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, in a process engineering technical services environment
About the Company
Created in 2003 by technical engineers and experienced recruiters, VHR delivers a partner-orientated approach. We are passionate about the industries where we operate, the career-enhancing support we provide and the people with whom we work.
Whether one permanent vacancy or a team of contract specialists, VHR strives to deliver the best possible staffing solutions.
As a recruitment company, we see our clients as our partners and our services as an extension of our clients’ businesses. We operate with a set of core values at the heart of everything we do.
Sr. Process Engineer - Utilities
Sr. Process Engineer - Energy
Senior Process Engineer
Senior Process Engineer