Job description / Role
We are ideally seeking a candidate with the following qualifications, knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Experience in Structural Membrane Design and Engineering, Textile, Tensile and Cushion Constructions, Lightweight
• Construction firm and extensive knowledge in Autodesk REVIT.
• Perform structural design and analysis, extract precision drafts for on-time manufacturing and assembly.
• Experienced in Membranes and Architectural Fabrics
• Experienced in the design and lay-out of structural grids, beams, girders, joists, foundations, cutting appropriate sections and details to communicate structural design effectively with very little input from the structural engineer.
• Minimum 2 years experience working in a Building Information Modeling (BIM) platform for an A/E or Construction
• Experience in bespoke, sophisticated structural designs and specialised fabrication
• Experience in Structural Engineering Software for Tensile Membrane Structures
• Ability to read output from structural analysis programs and label sizes of members in the construction drawings appropriately.
• Strong project management skills
• Checks drawings and designs produced by Engineering Consultants and other Contractors to ensure that they meet the highest technical standards of accuracy, consistency and dimensional controls.
• Prepare Civil, Structural and Building project requirements and technical specifications for the project
• Visits project sites and liaises with Operating and Maintenance Department personnel to collect information necessary to define design requirements, constraints and physical dimensions.
• Works and liaises with Contractors Vendors and Consultants to co-ordinate design requirements by conveying company standard requirements and methods thus ensuring conformity and quality of work delivered.
• Assists in preparing, updating, implementing and controlling design and detailing standardization of Civil, Structural and Building aspects, maintains integrity of engineering documentation by providing ‘As-built’ designs for Engineering Data Management Systems (EDMS) so as to ensure uniformity in construction projects executed by Plant Engineering Department.
• With knowledge in standard industry practices and company and international technical standards.
• BIM platform ( REVIT)
• AutoCAD, STAADPRO
• Structural engineering software for tensile membranes (advantage)
• Project Management software
• Good working knowledge of MS Office package on Windows Operating System. Exposure to specialized Civil, Structural and Building Engineering design software is preferred
• B.Sc in Civil & Structural Engineering or equivalent with practical experience in workshop and construction practice.
About the Company
Created in Arabia, the sheer artistry and uniqueness sets the brand apart from any other and there is no doubt of the international appeal which is reflected in the continued exponential growth across the globe. Designer Shaik is a unique phenomenon that encompasses the romance of the desert and the spirit of freedom creating wondrous gifts to be cherished, desired and admired by all - attainable by few.
Applauded by Royalty, Heads of State, Celebrities and World Media, Designer Shaik has a presence in over 50 countries with more than 800 points of sale, reaching many far flung destinations and transcending all cultures.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies