Job description / Role
Our client, a leading Insurance company, are looking for a Systems Administrator to join their established IT team. The primary function of this role will be to provide desktop support and troubleshooting advice on the new core IT system which is being implemented. As a pivotal member of the project implementation team, the successful individual will need to be able to work with a high degree of accuracy and speed to ensure a smooth transition.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
Your goal will be to ensure that our client’s technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
• Install and configure software and hardware
• Manage network servers and technology tools
• Set up accounts and workstations
• Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
• Troubleshoot issues and outages
• Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
• Upgrade systems with new releases and models
• Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
• Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
• Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role for 1-3 years is ESSENTIAL
• Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
• Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
• Experience of using TCS BaNCS and/or Microsoft Dynamics is desirable
• Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language
• Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
• Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
• Excellent communication skills
• BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus
BAHRAINI NATIONALS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Applications will only be considered if you have the relevant experience and your skill set match those required and stipulated within the advert text
About the Company
Gulf Connexions Group is the regions leading specialist recruitment consultancy providing a wealth of local and international expertise and in-depth market intelligence for its blue-chip clients and candidates.
Contact our consultants directly for your specialist recruitment requirements. For candidates searching for job opportunities and requiring informed career advice, Gulf Connexions provides updates on the top positions available across the region.
Headquartered in Bahrain in the heart of central business district, Gulf Connexions maintains offices in Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Dubai, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Singapore, fully equipped with state-of-the-art database technologies. Gulf Connexions has a rigorous screening process for all prospective candidates with interviewing facilities available throughout the region.
Gulf Connexions has the most extensive database of experienced and qualified banking candidates available for regional deployment. Gulf Connexions works closely with the region\'s leading blue chip organizations providing candidates with excellent career path development and unrivaled employment opportunities.