Job description / Role
Our Client is Big Contractor Company They are Looking now For Technical Purchaser.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Reports to Commercial and Procurement Manager:
• Strategic sourcing and manage the buying process with specified target pricing, cost, quality, and delivery targets and communicate status to the Procurement Team.
• Strong technical purchasing expertise, sourcing and understanding supply chain management in the interior design and fit out environment.
• Assess and review the technical side of the products, including works materials, FF&E and ironmongery, sanitary (list is not exhaustive)
Compliance, process and policies:
• Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities.
• Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships.
• Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures and during supplier negotiations and contracts award process.
• Build and practice relevant purchasing and sourcing concepts.
Team Collaboration, Operational Performance:
• Work closely with the FF&E Design and Procurement Manager to ensure we maintain best practice.
• Assess risks in the chain supply process of Decovar and reduce risk or impact on the procurement process Develop creative and innovative procurement processes.
• Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
• Sourcing and strategic buying: Develop and enhance the sourcing policy, interface between supplier with respect to specifications and budgets.
• Explore alternate sources for goods and materials.
• Develop and liaise with the commercial and procurement teams on strategic buying concept applicable to the company operations, in line with the policies and process.
• Quotation and Tenders: Assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers.
Supplier Negotiation and Cost Control:
• Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
• Ability to add value and reduce costs, balance both tactical executions with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects.
• Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible.
Purchase orders, contracts and terms and conditions:
• Manage the process of purchase orders that are aligned with final negotiations with suppliers, and design requirements.
• Ensure all necessary information is provided, terms and conditions of Supplier are reviewed to minimize operational and financial risks.
• Import, Export and Logistic: Identify Import/Export rules and regulations to ensure compliance. Knowledge and experience relating to documentation, logistics, insurance, packing, customs brokers and freight for international transactions.
Risk and Change Management:
• Manage schedule changes, remediation plans, and ensure changes are reflected within the appropriate system.
• Strong knowledge and experience in Risk Management and Supplier Development.
• Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations.
• Excellent organization, and ability to maintain accurate, detailed documentation of multiple tasks in a fast pace environment.
• Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required.
• Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers.
• Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact.
• Commercial and technical experience in purchasing role in a Project Environment (5 years minimum)
• Experience in ID Finishes and projects management and site works.
• Technical Knowledge of hard finishes, sanitary, lighting as well as FF&E.
• Ability to interpret drawings and specifications. Work with Design Specs team on the technical aspects of items.
• Negotiation and coordination skills
• Interpersonal skills / Team Player
• Multitasking, assertive and quick leaner
• Proactive to solve problems
• Financial analysis skills
• Computer Proficiency
• Fluency in English (written and oral)
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Procurement Operations Analyst
Solar Project - Procurement Manager
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited
Senior Procurement Officer
|Saudi Arabia||2 Apr|