Job description / Role
• Reports to Production Director
• Develop and improve the construction of the foam linings of the helmets.
• Continuous improvement of Foam materials & construction of helmets
• Guide technical construction of the new products
• Continuous improvement of materials & construction methods used in linings of motorsport helmets
• Apply principles of chemistry, physics, and material behaviours to improve durability
• Lead technical construction of new products manufacturing section
• Foam expert in foam densities, limits and durability
• Improve construction methods to reduce production time
• Source raw materials and work with suppliers to develop new component foams and fabrics
• Manage fabric testing and work closely with safety department re foam, fabrics & construction methods
• Participate in R&D programs
• Develop & improve layups and bills of materials, perform problem solving and data gathering activities.
• Continuous innovation and speed
• Bachelor in Textile Engineering or a related field.
• Training in Lean Manufacturing
• Foam material expert
• Experience in fast-paced, competitive engineering and composite manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of foam properties, standards, and suppliers
• Understand characteristics of fabrics and textile testing (durability, tolerances, stretch ability, breathability)
• Knowledge of construction methods with the ability to demonstrate sewing techniques etc.
• Knowledge of gloves, suits or other race wear construction
• Good verbal and written English communication skills
About the Company
For over 15 years Omni International Consultants has supplied high caliber personnel to the global Construction, Aviation, Banking, Logistics, IT, Hospitality, Healthcare, Oil/Gas & Manufacturing sectors.
We specialize in recruiting the highest quality, right-fit professional and have helped many candidates find their ideal opportunity.
Our Head Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand and we have 6 liaison offices located in the UK, Australia, UAE, India (Mumbai & Delhi) and Rayong, Thailand.