Trade Finance Officer
The Housing Bank for Trade & Finance (HBTF)
Job description / Role
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
* Reviewing and approving trade finance transactions, such as letters of credit, bank guarantees, and other trade finance instruments.
* Reviewing documents related to trade transactions.
* Coordinating with other departments within the bank, such as credit, compliance, and operations, to ensure that trade finance * transactions are processed efficiently and in compliance with regulations.
* Keeping abreast of changes in trade finance regulations and industry best practices and advising clients accordingly.
* Monitoring and managing the bank's trade finance portfolio and identifying any potential issues or areas for improvement.
* Providing guidance to clients on trade finance products and services.
* Ensuring that all transactions are in compliance with the bank's policies and procedures and the applicable regulatory requirements.
* Building and maintaining strong relationships with clients, including identifying new business opportunities and cross-selling other banking products and services.
Qualifications & Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, business, or a related field.
* A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in trade finance in Bahrain.
Additional Key Competencies:
* Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
* Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong team player with the ability to work with cross-functional teams.
Nationality: Bahraini or any nationality with residency in Bahrain.
About the Company
The Housing Bank for Trade and Finance (HBTF) was established in 1973 as a public shareholding limited company to provide housing finance.
After 24 years of operations, the bank started a new era, when it was converted to a comprehensive bank, providing full commercial and investment banking services. The bank’s capital was increased several times, and currently amount of JD(252) million the equivalent of USD(355).