Job description / Role
Newly created CorpDev role at a leading global asset management firm based in Bahrain. Exciting opportunity for an experienced FIG investment banker to work alongside an executive committee and travel between their offices across the GCC, London, and New York.
Our client is a global asset manager with investments across the US, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. They are currently undergoing an exciting and aggressive growth strategy that will include both organic and inorganic growth globally.
The newly established role of VP - Corporate Management - M&A will work in close support of the most senior corporate management team in the development and implementation of organic and inorganic strategic initiatives including:
* Identifying, analyzing, and presenting new business opportunities;
* Conducting research and developing perspectives, ideas and theses;
* Providing support on corporate M&A transactions and integration initiatives;
* Undertaking rigorous analysis and building financial/ analytical models;
* Constructing compelling presentations for and on behalf of corporate management; and
* Providing project management for key strategic initiatives (including but not limited to defining project scope, goals, deliverables, etc.)
* Strong, competitive salary and bonus potential
* Opportunity to join a lean team in a newly created role which will offer direct exposure to the COO and CEO
* At least 3 years of working experience at a consulting firm or investment bank with FIG deal experience
* Experience within the financial services sector (specifically the asset management industry) is desirable
* Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills (collection and analysis of data, making recommendations, etc.)
* Ability to work effectively at all levels and build strong relationships across functions and geographies
* Highly effective communication skills and the ability both to brief senior management and to present on behalf of senior management
* Undergraduate and/or graduate degree from a top tier academic institution
* Arabic language proficiency is a significant plus
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.