Job description / Role
- To provide a courteous, professional, efficient, and flexible service at all times, following the hotels Standards of Performance.
- To perform all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work (see attached Master Task List) to the standard set. Please note that Master Task Lists are reviewed and changed on a regular basis reflecting change in trends, guest expectations and operating philosophies.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different sub-departments of the Food & Beverage Division or any other Department of the hotel as assigned.
- To perform all duties and tasks when rotated and assigned to another Department as per Master Task List for that Department
- To ensure that health, hygiene and safety regulations are complied with and applied in the department in compliance with HACCP standards and procedures..
- To be responsible for the food hygiene and safety of the outlet by ensuring that all equipments are working properly and are trained to work safely with it.
- To perform opening and closing procedures established for the Place of Work as assigned.
- To ensure that the par stocks for all operating equipment and supplies are strictly adhered to and that the outlet is adequately equipped. To keep food & beverage consumables to par level, ordering and rotating.
- To assist in conducting monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
- To assist in controlling the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all operating supplies and equipment (OS&E).
- To clean and polish glassware, chinaware, holloware and flatware.
- To be knowledgeable of municipality policies and regulations when it comes to food handling.
- To be fully conversant with all services and facilities offered by the hotel.
- To ensure that the Place of Work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times by keeping the glasses clean and the bar area orderly; to clean and polish glassware, chinaware, holloware, and flatware; cleans all spillage during service time and closing; cleans soiled glass and wipes all;
- To set up tables and bars in accordance to food & beverage standards.
- To be familiar with the policies and procedures concerning fire, emergency evacuation, accidents, bomb threats, law and order situations.
- To be fully aware and conversant of Accor spirit, values and goals and is responsible to integrate them in the day to day operation.
- To be fully aware and conversant of Accor environmental charter and is responsible to integrate them in the day to day operation.
- To be fully aware and conversant of the policies and procedures and is responsible to integrate them in the day to day operation.
Food & Beverage Product:
- To monitor operating supplies by maintaining and controlling established food & beverage par stock and operating supplies to ensure smooth operation and to reduce spoilage and wastage.
- To explain the discrepancies in the potential food & beverage cost satisfactorily.
- To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items in the menu and the ability to recommend food & beverage combinations and up-sell alternatives
- To prepare and serve food & beverage orders and provide a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times, following the hotels Standards of Performance.
- To follow correct sequence of service outlined in the Standard Operating Manual.
- To continuously learn on customer service, changing menu item, specials and prices.
- To be fluent in operation of MICROS POS system, as assigned.
- To handle money and guest charges accurately.
- To handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be founded and to assure follow up with guests.
- To be demanding and critical when it comes to service standards.
- To ensure that the outlet team projects a warm, professional and welcome image.
- To establish a rapport with guests, maintaining good customer relationship
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel's policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- To maintain a good rapport and working relationship with staff in the outlet and all other departments.
- To project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self control
- To provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- To participate in daily briefings and monthly communication meetings to discuss various aspects of food service and preparation.
- To attend Departmental training for all team members, especially for the new comers, paying particular attention to courtesy, efficiency, service standards, grooming, diplomacy and job knowledge.
- To attend and contribute to all staff meetings Departmental and Hotel trainings scheduled and other related activities.
- To report "Lost & Found" items, in accordance to the hotels policies and procedures and to local legislation in handling lost & found items
- To respond to any changes in the restaurant function as dictated by the hotel.
- To assist in carrying out quarterly, bi-yearly and yearly inventory of operating equipment as well as conducting monthly par stock.
- To assist in planning and organizing festive food & beverage promotions within the assigned outlet
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor / Captain / Food & Beverage Manager
- Level of Education Others Areas of study
Other Professional experiences
- 1 to 2 years
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.