Job description / Role
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Resident Engineer for Rail to join a leading international consultancy on a large railway project in Bangladesh. The candidate placed in this position will be responsible for overseeing the planning, co-ordination and delivery of the project. Suitable applicants will have a minimum Bsc in Civil Engineering, prior experience working in a RE position on large railway programs and experience working on projects within Asia.
• Act as primary point of contact for the construction supervision of the project between the contractor, client and consultant team
• Project progress reporting
• Quality control and design modifications
• Place an emphasis on safe construction practices (zero incident) and on maintaining a high quality of construction. Lead by example in driving safe practices on site
• Establish an appropriate working relationship with the contractor
• Use effective project management and control systems to regularly report on progress to the Client
• Monitor progress of construction against the programme and take steps to avoid delay
• Evaluate, select and adapt construction management and control techniques, procedures and criteria to suit job tasks and devices and implement solutions to problems encountered
• Manage software and systems required for the administration of the project construction supervision
USD 9,000 to 10,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Net salary plus accommodation and transport
• Preferably holding an Msc in Civil Engineering earned from any reputable university
• 25 years of total professional experience
• 9 years of experience as “Resident Engineer” or similar position
• 20 years of experience in the execution of transport construction project, preferably railway
• Experience on at least 4 railway projects
• Experience on at least 3 projects in South Asia or South East Asia countries
• A decade of overseas experience
About the Company
The name MENASA originates from both the geographical region of Middle East, North Africa & South Asia as well as the Arabic word for platform or stage. We provide the platform for employers to approach the best global talent available.
Menasa & Partners is a privately owned, fully licensed, Executive Search company head-quartered in Dubai, UAE.
From our head office in Dubai we are ideally placed to assist organizations in the global search for talent.
We specialize in providing companies not only with suitable individuals to work in their organizations but also offer unparalleled knowledge of the global markets.
Our staff all have in depth knowledge of their vertical markets therefore offering tailored strategic advice.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Project Manager - Infrastructure
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar
Site Engineer (Civil) - 6 Month Contract
Section Engineer - Structures