Team Leader, Civil Works/Structural Design Expert
A Multidisciplinary And Professional Services Engineering Company
Job description / Role
SMEC is currently in search for a “Team Leader, Civil Works/Structural Design” to be based in Bangladesh on a metro railway design project. This person is assigned to overall design team and the project is to received its funds from Asian Development Bank (ADB).
• Shall lead the Consultant team and manage the team in terms of high quality of the team’s performance
• Shall prepare work plan for the entire team
• Shall coordinate and supervise all task teams
• Shall develop quality control mechanism, and enforce quality control over all implementation process
• Shall take responsibility for the quality of the team’s outputs
• Shall verify and sign documents produced by the team
• Shall carry out other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by the Lead Firm or by designated person in authority on the project, in respect of the project delivery.
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• He/she has Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering; Masters in Civil Engineering or equivalent will be an additional an additional marks on the evaluation He/she has relevant field experience (railway planning, engineering design and implementation) more than 20 years will be preferable of which 10 years or more in an international environment
• He/she have worked as Deputy/Acting Team Leader for at least 1 railway project involving detailed design, and tender assistance of a comparable scale in the last 10 years; and
• He/she has worked for at least 1 urban railway project in South or Southeast Asia with social and environmental conditions similar to Bangladesh, preferably in a mid to senior member role. Underground metro experiences in the region are of advantage.
• He/she has more than 3 years on projects with funding from multilateral or bilateral development agencies.
• He/she must be an international candidate with an outside the country or overseas experience in Railway/Metro
About the Company
A multidisciplinary and professional services engineering company.