Job description / Role
• Operate trucks, equipment, vehicles and oil spill response boats in a safe manner in accordance with all company health and safety policies
• Maintain on-call availability to perform emergency response services including the cleanup of hazardous/non-hazardous waste spills, disaster response and recovery, and waste management
• Perform remediation services which include storage tank cleaning, industrial cleaning & maintenance, environmental site remediation, vacuum truck services, and demolition/dismantlement
• Perform strenuous physical labor including lifting, pulling and pushing heavy objects
• Participate in daily and weekly safety meetings with expectations of adhering to the job specific and company safety policies
• Accurately complete and submit company forms including but not limited to handwritten dailies, expense reports, timecards, etc.
• Keep training record up to date with all company required training
• Be available to respond to emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
• Competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, short & long term disability, company paid holidays and sick and vacation time
• Retirement 401(k) savings plan
• Career advancement opportunities
• Paid on-the-job training
• High school diploma preferred
• Minimum of one year experience operating an oil spill response boat to include deploying containment booms and oil spill recovery equipment, skimmers, etc.
• Strong mechanical ability
• Ability to lift up to at least 50 lbs
• Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions and temperatures
• Will be required to complete confined space entry and 40 hour OSHA training, TWIC card a plus
• Ability to wear and use personal respirator equipment and other forms of personal protective equipment (PPE)
• Must be able to respond to environmental emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
• Must be willing and able to travel out of town on short notice for weeks or months at a time as required
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.