Accredited by CPA Ontario (Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario) and the ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants), the Schulich Master of Accounting (MAcc) is an academically rigorous and highly intensive full-time program designed to prepare students for a career in professional accountancy.
Who should take this course
Graduates from the Master of Accounting Program will receive advanced standing for CPA Ontario PEP program and be ready to write the Common Final Examination (CFE).
International students begin in the diploma for intermediate accounting (diac) and smoothly transition into term 2 of the master of accounting program, please see curriculum below.
- Actg 6120 3.00 intermediate financial accounting i
- Macc 5101 3.00 financial accounting fundamentals
- Macc 5211 3.00 management accounting fundamentals
- Omis 6710 3.00 management information systems
Plus one of:
- Fine 5200 3.00 managerial finance
- Mgmt 6200 3.00 business administration and the law
- Actg 6140 3.00 intermediate financial accounting ii
- Actg 6250 3.00 financial reporting and analysis
- Actg 6550 1.50 advanced management accounting
- Actg 6600 3.00 auditing standards & applications
- Actg 6710 3.00 introduction to income taxation
Macc 6201 1.50 multi-competency case analysis for accountants
Upon successful completion of the diac (terms 0 and 1) students are eligible to enter term 2 of the master of accounting (macc).
- Continue to term 2 of the master of accounting
- Macc 6301 3.00 integrative case analysis for accountants
- Actg 6720 3.00 advanced income taxation
- Elective options (12.00 credits)
- Students must choose any two of the four sets of electives. Please note students pursuing public accountancy must complete assurance and tax.
- Actg 6160 3.00 advanced financial accounting
- Actg 6610 3.00 advanced auditing
- Actg 6310 3.00 advanced financial statement analysis & valuation
- Actg 6320 3.00 advanced finance topics
- Performance management
- Actg 6650 3.00 strategic performance evaluation
- Sgmt 6000 3.00 strategic management
- Actg 6150 3.00 complex financial reporting issues
- Actg 6730 3.00 managerial tax planning
Term 3 (summer):
- Actg 6401 3.00 advanced integrative case analysis
- Actg 6501 3.00 integrative case analysis - the capstone
- Actg 6701 3.00 integrative tax: cases and analysis
- Actg 6801 3.00 strategic leadership planning and case analysis
About Course Provider
In global rankings, Schulich is one of the world's leading business schools. Why? Excellent, diverse students. Award-winning faculty. Innovative, relevant programs. A state-of -the-art learning environment. Successful alumni. Strong external stakeholder networks. The Schulich advantage. Make it work for you.