The Schulich MBA will equip you with the specialized knowledge and leadership skills you need to gain a competitive advantage. Hone your skills in your field of interest through our extensive selection of 18 areas of specialization in management functions, industry sectors and special business issues.
Ranked #1 in Canada by Corporate Knights, Forbes & CNN Expansion, Schulich offers Canada
Who should take this course
This course is designed for University graduates with at least two years of post graduation full time work experience.
The MBA curriculum includes 33.00 credits of core courses designed to equip students with a common set of capabilities necessary for effective management in the private, public, and nonprofit sectors:
- Actg 5100 3.00 financial accounting for managers
- Actg 5210 1.50 management accounting
- Econ 5100 3.00 the economic environment of business
- Fine 5200 3.00 managerial finance
- Mgmt 5150 3.00 skills for leadership
- Mgmt 5260 3.00 managing for value creation
- Mktg 5200 3.00 marketing management
- Omis 5110 1.50 information systems
- Omis 5120 1.50 quantitative methods
- Omis 5210 1.50 operations management
- Orgs 5100 3.00 organizational behaviour
- Mgmt 6090 0.00 strategy field study formation
- Mgmt 6100 3.00 strategy field study
- Sgmt 6000 3.00 strategic management
In addition to foundational core courses, students have the opportunity to complete 27.00 credits of electives, allowing for deeper exploration in a particular area of focus, completion of a specialization or pursuit of a diploma. Students can choose up to two of our 18 specializations in: Accounting, Arts, Media & Entertainment Management, Business & Sustainability, Business Consulting, Entrepreneurial Studies, Finance, Financial Risk Management, Financial Services, Global Mining Management, Global Retail Management, Health Industry Management, International Business, Marketing, Operations Management & Information Systems, Organization Studies, Real Estate & Infrastructure, Social Sector Management, Strategic Management
As the capstone of the program, students will participate in the Strategy Field Study. In this exciting consulting project spanning two terms, teams conduct a strategic assessment of an organization and its environment, and present recommendations to senior management.
About Course Provider
In global rankings, Schulich is one of the world's leading business schools. Why? Excellent, diverse students. Award-winning faculty. Innovative, relevant programs. A state-of -the-art learning environment. Successful alumni. Strong external stakeholder networks. The Schulich advantage. Make it work for you.