Job description / Role
This position offers an opportunity to apply your creative culinary talents and skills and work with some of the most experienced and innovative chefs in the local area on a world-class stage.
Amidst a roster of culinary experts, the Chef Tournant (Chef de Partie) will:
- Report to the Executive Chef
- Assist in the day-to-day culinary operations with regard to event menu design, creation, and execution.
- Assist in aspects of “mise en place” preparation among all culinary stations (i.e. hot, cold, pastry as required) including high quality menu production, presentation and safety, and resource efficiency.
The ideal candidate must:
- Work well independently while contributing to a greater team and enjoy the challenge of excelling under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Grounded in experience and fueled by passion, you will play a role in delivering memorable event experiences to our guests.
- Culinary leadership and experience for menus servicing upwards of 200 event guests; experience in hotel and banquet service is ideal.
- Proven communication, organizational, time management, and advanced computer skills.
- Must be a team player who defines success as with high standards for exceptional delivery of service.
- All employees are expected to maintain a high standard of professionalism, personal hygiene and grooming with regards to food safety and guest experience standards.
- Must be available to work varying shifts, including evening, weekends, holidays and “on call” rotation as required.
- You will work with award-winning, internationally recognized chefs, within a state-of-the art kitchen, provided with high-quality uniforms, new equipment and variety of tools, supported with medical & dental benefits and savings incentive programs (upon qualification).
- 5+ years’ experience in volume culinary production with competencies in fine dining is our target.
- Red seal certification in Culinary Arts through a recognized interprovincial agency or international equivalence; a combination of demonstrated skill and years of service may be also acceptable.
- World cuisine experience as well as menu development considered an asset.
- Speak English (French an asset)
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.