Job description / Role
Linum Consult’s client is a major consultancy, currently seeking a Senior Cost Consultant from a Real Estate background to join their team in Ottawa, Canada.
• Preparing construction cost estimate reports for commercial real estate projects
• Managing the estimating and cost planning activities, as well as presenting the final cost estimate
• Applying Value Management techniques where appropriate
• Carrying out post-contract cost management including change order analysis, monthly cost reporting and payment certification
• Effectively managing cost analyses, cost checking, and valuation work
• Interfacing with clients and other consultants at all stages of the projects
• Managing a cost management team, and ensuring they deliver on all the above accountabilities
• Conducting research related to construction market conditions within Canada
• Degree qualification in Quantity Surveying or a similar subject from a recognised university
• 7 years’ experience of delivering pre-construction and post-contract construction cost services
• Membership to a relevant professional organisation, such as CIQS, RICS, and/or AACE
• Working experience of using CostX would be preferred
• The right to live and work in Canada
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.