Job description / Role
• Lead solution design process for TMS software. This includes driving project activities for transportation, IT and third party resources, project schedules, scope, sign-off process and issue management. Analyze and develop processes, recommend process improvements, and provide documentation. Develop consensus and alignment on future state solution.
• Execute data loading and configuration of the TMS. This can include loading rates, user maintenance, and system parameters. Expected to maintain current documentation for configuration parameters.
• Develop future state standard operating procedures and assist in creation, delivery, and presentation of training materials. Lead the development of training course materials to support the deployment of TMS.
• Act as business lead for user acceptance test. Coordinate business input, create and execute test scripts validating business rules in the application functionality.
• Led deployment activities for the business for specific releases. Execute deployment related activities including data validation, vendor, carrier and EDI on-boarding. Track results, manage overall timeline, and communicate progress and status. Assist in executive updates.
• Manage additional Ad Hoc process improvement requests, including cost benefit analysis, from the AVP Transportation.
• Attractive Salary Package
• Analysis & Judgment
• Planning & Organizing
• Drive Results
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Peer Relationships
• Problem Solving
• Please include any additional physical requirements below the standard requirements
• No unusual physical requirements.
• Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
• Will work commonly as part of a project which at times will include a fast paced environment.
• This may include adjustments of day to day assignments, aggressive deadlines, and variance in work volume based on project schedule; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
• Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects with hands.
• Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
• Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Qualifications and Special Skills Required:
• Minimum four-year degree in Transportation or equivalent field, MBA preferred
• Six or more years of related experience; discount retail transportation experience preferred.
• Six or more years of progressive supply chain experience
• Ability to drive and manage project activities, schedule and status reporting across multiple parties including transportation, IT and third party resources in a matrix environment.
• Strong operations knowledge of transportation processes required
• Excellent communicator with the ability to effectively lead meetings, conference calls, drive communications with internal and external constituents, and builds consensus to collaboratively deliver objectives
• Business experience with Transportation Management Systems including rate loading and application, configuration required. Experience with EDI strongly preferred.
• The ability to effectively communicate and interact at many organizational levels including non-exempt associates, operations supervisors, and high-level management.
• The ability to think in terms of process flow and identification of component operations and interrelationships as well as document process flows with Microsoft Office products including Visio
• Strong analytical skills required with advanced excel skills to manipulate data.
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational and technical writing skills.
• Experience in using PCs in a professional setting – developing and using standard applications such as spreadsheets, databases, and word processors as typical tools to execute.
• Requires travel up to 25% of time in support of leading transportation related process or systems improvements
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.