Job description / Role
Job Title: Design Director - Retail
Job Location: Shanghai
The Retail Design Director will have had experience in leading design efforts for Retail Environments. The ideal candidate will have proven skills in establishing/developing design schemes and leading/coordinating design teams for interior and architectural projects. Candidates must have significant knowledge of commercial furniture and finishes. Effective communication and presentation skills are required. Candidates must have strong leadership skills and extensive experience leading design teams on multiple projects. Candidates must be fluent in English and Communication in Chinese would be an advantage.
The Retail Design Director will be responsible for:
- Leading design efforts through all phases of Retail interior projects including guiding, advising, and mentoring other designers on projects, developing design directions and leading design critiques/forums
- Acting as primary design interface with clients
- Selecting interior finishes, furniture and equipment
- Producing space plans, furniture plans, elevations, conceptual and finished design presentation documentation
- Providing solutions to design problems and generate design alternatives
- Reviewing drawings, mock ups, materials, and finish samples submitted by project contractors
- Delivering the highest quality of professional service
The ideal candidate must meet the following qualifications to be considered:
- 15+ years of experience in the design of Retail Store or Shopping Center projects
- Holds a degree in interior design or architecture design from an accredited program
- Knowledge of applicable building code and ADA code compliance regulations
- Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in all aspects of interior design or architecture design
- Preferably proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, 3D Studio, sketch up and free hand sketches
- Proficiency in English mandatory, communication in Chinese would be an advantage.
About the Company
italent has been around since 2012, when we saw that businesses needed better talent solutions for their employment requirements. By focusing our efforts on quality products and services that are simple-to-use and innovative, our team brings you the best results without any unexpected additional costs and unnecessary complications. Simply put, we love helping businesses find and keep the right people.