Job description / Role
Design Director - Workplace
• Assume responsibility for and assist in the development of design concepts.
• Prepare with the project team documentation for tenders and construction.
• Plan project and subordinate designer work flows.
• Assist with resourcing requirements and planning for studio projects.
• Clarify scope of work and prepare schedule for review.
• Manage cost control for corporate office turnkey and consulting projects. Assume overall responsibility for profit and loss of the studio.
• Mentor, train, supervise and manage senior and junior designers to produce good design and standard detailing.
• Assist in marketing, business development and general representation of the company.
• Liaise with Managing Director with regards to management and performance of the studio.
• Lead the workplace studio to develop design solutions.
What we are looking for:
• Proven experience managing an architecture design office/studio showcasing a solid background in high-quality design.
• Experience within internationally renowned architecture firms.
• An experienced leader in design to manage our team from design concept through to project completion.
• Be aligned with and lead our Business development team as a technical expert when it comes to client presentations.
• Deliver results through design quality, managing people, processes including operational, legal and commercial outcomes.
• Be able to work with high-quality design concepts and provide innovation within a diverse team.
• Must have Bachelor degree in architecture and at least 10 year’s experience in Workplace.
• Experience and proven portfolio with a solid background in high-quality architecture.
• Need to have a strong detailing experience with the use of BIM/REVIT knowledge.
• Be able to develop individuals and direct a team and a proven ability to manage design services to projects effectively (planning, program, budget, consultation, design process and team management)
• Proficient in English
About the Company
italent has been around since 2012, when we saw that businesses needed better talent solutions for their employment requirements. By focusing our efforts on quality products and services that are simple-to-use and innovative, our team brings you the best results without any unexpected additional costs and unnecessary complications. Simply put, we love helping businesses find and keep the right people.