Job description / Role
m2r Education have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Secondary to join a successful International School in Shanghai, from August 2020.
This is an exceptionally well-resourced all through school, in an affluent and prestigious residential area of the city. The school provides an exceptional British style education to international children across a diverse range of nationalities. Secondary students are prepared for leading international examinations. The School is linked with many schools across the globe. This network facilitates collaboration on an international scale, wider staff development possibilities, and opportunities for International career development and progression.
This is an excellent opportunity for an intelligent, ambitious, and energetic Head of Secondary, to extend their experience in continuing to grow with an esteemed and established school in Shanghai.
• In this role, you will act as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, working with the Principal and SLT to manage and develop a high quality International school, which achieves the highest professional standards and quality of education for all of its students.
• You will be responsible for promoting core school values, continual improvement in student attainment, and contributing to the school’s overall success, through the success of the Secondary school, deputising for the Principal where appropriate.
Requirements / Experience
• Bachelor’s degree, PGCE (or equivalent), with post-graduate qualifications in education
• UK Qualified Teacher Status, with five years or more teaching experience
• At least three years leadership experience in a British International School (at middle leader level or higher)
• Relevant and up to date experience of developing and delivering a curriculum based upon the English National Curriculum
• Able to supervise and manage and measure the performance of others, at all levels across a school environment
• Experience of developing and implementing procedures which measure the performance of others
• Experienced in promoting and delivering excellence and achieving outstanding outcomes in teaching and learning
• Evidence of supporting a school development plan, achieving measurable improvement
• Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative with high levels of resilience and flexibility
• Living and working in Shanghai
Frequently referred to as China’s best city for foreign nationals, Shanghai is the largest and most cosmopolitan city in China. The glamour and opportunity of Shanghai has attracted individuals to travel, live, and settle here for more than 150 years. With its convenience, diversity, and variety of lifestyle it is easy to see why.
Shanghai is an extremely safe, welcoming and modern city. There are excellent education facilities, transportation, and amenities across the city, with private healthcare offered as part of the role. Shanghai has two International airports meaning transport links between Shanghai and other countries in the world is easy to navigate.
• Generous housing allowance
• Medical cover
• Annual flights
• August 2020 starts
For safeguarding purposes, a valid police clearance certificate / DBS is required, plus 2 professional references. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
About the Company
Established in 2001, m2r Education is a multi award winning UK based firm offering a quality and ethical recruitment service to overseas organisations within the education & training sectors.
Our clients are viewed as valuable partners and include international schools, FE colleges, HE institutions, independent training centres and corporate organisations. Our aim is to develop long lasting relationships and help them grow by providing the best talent possible via an excellent customer experience.
Our candidates are treated with respect and professionalism at all times. We genuinely want to help and will advise you on your next overseas move. Having core values centred on integrity and quality, we will always do our utmost to help without pushing positions forward which are not necessarily suitable.
This is why we have won over 6 international business awards, been used as case studies by the British Government and received glowing references from those that have experienced our service.