Job description / Role
Opening on: May 4, 2023 at 05:00pm (China Standard Time)
Closing on: May 25, 2023 at 05:00pm (China Standard Time)
Based in: Shanghai, China
Target Market: Global recruitment
Reporting to the Director General, Human Resources, this position will be responsible to execute the HR vision and strategy of the Bank and assist in providing high-value specialist compensation and benefits expertise to the Bank. This requires the continuous assessment of the market competitiveness of the Bank's total reward package whilst aligning it with the goals and strategy of the Bank in attracting, motivating, and retaining talent to facilitate the realization of the Bank's growth aspirations in partnership with all internal stakeholders. The incumbent will also work in all the other areas of Human Resources, as and when required.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement, communicate, and handle the compensation and benefits policies of the Bank.
- Handle the relevant human resources processes in the Bank with the objective to build an organizational climate of meritocracy, collaboration, result-driven orientation, organizational efficiency, trust, diversity, shared values, and mutual respect.
- Analyse and recommend continuous improvements to the compensation and benefits framework and practices, including the development of policies and procedures to support these changes. Recommend salary structure movements and salary increase budgets.
- Perform annual compensation and benefits benchmarking exercises and compensation surveys, in partnership with external consultants and after adequate research, to ensure that the Bank remains competitive in the market and incorporate suggestions from the Management and Board.
- Responsible for providing input to the development and communication of the Bank's total reward strategy, ensuring that it is clearly understood and that policies and plans support this strategy.
- Provide support to the Director General, Human Resources, in the development of the annual compensation proposals made to the Management and Board, and recommend changes appropriate to establish and maintain a competitive total rewards package aligned to the Bank's general strategy, including a focus on the link between performance and reward.
- Management and ownership of specific total reward projects to develop specialist solutions in the area of compensation and benefits.
- Design communication to staff on the Bank's total reward philosophy, policies, and processes via a number of different channels, including the design and provision of training, information, and education sessions to staff and HR colleagues.
- Analysing the Bank's compensation and benefits policies and practices in relation to its comparator groups, via participation in surveys, working with external consultancy firms, and attending seminars and conferences.
- Lead annual benefits renewal process and participate in negotiating benefit coverage with service providers.
- Assist in making proposals to the Management and the Board for matters related to human resources.
- Keep abreast of the market developments, trends, opportunities, and challenges in the field of compensation and benefits and provide inputs to the Director General, Human Resources, on various interventions.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable policies, guidelines, systems, and processes effectively.
- Collaborate and work with team members on various projects and assignments.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time.
- Minimum of 9 years of relevant professional experience in a multilateral development bank or equivalent or regulated private sector financial institution or a large corporate enterprise with an in-depth experience in various areas of Human Resources.
- Good communication skills, fluent in the English language, with the ability to convey complex information in a simple and engaging way.
- Effective problem-solving skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities, within tight deadlines, prioritizing work effectively.
- Excellent knowledge of reward and recognition practices, including pay models, job evaluation frameworks, and benchmarking tools.
- Ability to handle and manage confidential information.
- Relevant experience in a multicultural work environment fostering a climate of teamwork and collaboration.
- Demonstrated experience in working with and influencing management and other stakeholders on total rewards.
- Very strong analytical skills, with MS Excel and HR systems. SAP HR desirable.
- Ability to work autonomously and exercise sound judgment.
- Master's Degree or equivalent in the relevant field from a reputed university. Relevant certification/s from globally recognized certification agencies in the related field would be preferred.
Please be sure to fill out all sections in English, without using ALL capital letters.
Please upload a resume/CV in English and do not upload a Resume/CV which has more than 10 pages.
About the Company
The New Development Bank (NDB) is a multilateral development bank (MDB) established by Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) with the objective of financing infrastructure and sustainable development projects in BRICS and other emerging economies and developing countries. NDB’s work complements the efforts of multilateral and regional financial institutions, toward global growth and development.
Our work is centered around maximizing the impact of development in a fast, ﬂexible and eﬃcient manner. To catalyze the kind of development we envisage, we are always keen to listen, learn and collaborate with other MDBs, governments, ﬁnancial institutions and social organizations.
To fulfill its purpose, the Bank supports public or private projects through loans, guarantees, equity participation and other financial instruments.
Our headquarters is in Shanghai, China. The geographic distribution of NDB’s operations is becoming increasingly balanced as the Bank develops its capacity to identify and prepare projects in all member countries. The first regional office of NDB – the Africa Regional Centre (ARC) – was opened in Johannesburg, South Africa, in August 2017. In July 2019, NDB began to build the Americas Regional Office team, based in São Paulo, Brazil, with a sub-office in Brasília. NDB and the Government of Russia signed the Agreement on the Hosting of the NDB Eurasian Regional Centre in Moscow, Russia on the sidelines of the 11th BRICS Summit in Brasília in November 2019.