Job description / Role
• Oversees all aspects of the operations, including developing and implementing financial goals, business plans, operating procedures, talent management and training programs.
• Identify, plan, analyze and manage productivity and profitability, continually adapting and changing business strategies and processes for maximum sales, expense management, and superior and consistent customer service.
• Monitors results, holds the team accountable, and compares results to budgeted and projected goals.
• Analyzes internal and external sales and competitive trends, comparing sales to visitation, hotel bookings and comparable retail statistics.
• Develops and implements recommendations and corrective actions necessary to achieve sales goals and consumer growth.
• Monitor operating expenses and store payroll, employee scheduling and general expenses to ensure operations are consistently meeting or exceeding expense goals and guidelines.
• Monitors productivity and efficiencies in the warehouse, engraving and sewing rooms.
• Develops and implements business-to-business and wholesale sales initiatives.
• Promote a culture of accountability by setting clear expectations, holding managers accountable and setting goals that focus on KPIs that drive profitability.
• Work closely with the team to establish and implement policies and procedures across all outlets, and ensure consistent application.
• Lead a high-performance culture by actively coaching and managing performance of the team.
• Ensure that managers and staff comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Directs and supervises the development and implementation of customer service training programs.
• Evaluates success of guest service and sales programs across the division utilizing established measurements.
• Initiates changes to improve the program effectiveness and employee understanding.
• Establishes standards and implements procedures to ensure that the required high level of exemplary service is achieved.
• Regularly visits each retail outlet and works in each area to review the operation and evaluate selling techniques, processes, performance, succession planning, inventory movement, displays, merchandise assortment etc. Works with the Visual Merchandising Manager to ensure that merchandising standards are maintained.
• Guides the operation of the E-Commerce business in order to adhere to brand standards, maximize sales and profitability. Recommends online store assortment, promotional activity, content and site feature plans based on performance analysis, industry direction and competitor trends.
• Oversees the management of inventory, directing the Warehouse Manager and ensuring that received merchandise is in the right place, at the right time, consistently.
• Works with Warehouse Manager on policies and procedures, best operational practices, productivity analyses, and cost control measures for the Warehouse, Historic Area Sewing Room and Engraving.
• Works collaboratively with product management and the merchandising team on the development of merchandising strategies to support the brand and division objectives.
• Works collaboratively across the Foundation, forming partnerships with marketing, hospitality, museums, research and historical interpretation to create a fully integrated guest experience, support One Foundation initiatives, customer relationship management, and maximize synergies and business goals.
• Liaise with external entities such as Merchant Square Association.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Attractive Salary Package
• Proven track record in consumer retail sales and operations management in an omni-channel, multi-store organization, consistently exceeding sales and other business goals.
• In-depth knowledge of retail operations, processes and analytics, including inventory management and expense control.
• Meets objectives, with experience planning and achieving budgets and financial goals.
• Substantial experience managing direct reports with demonstrated ability to mentor and develop staff.
• Demonstrated ability to upgrade and develop an organization via recruiting, training and performance management.
• Must have exceptional communication skills, both oral and written. Able to work alongside dynamic team members as a day-to-day partner in moving the business forward.
• Must demonstrate strong time management, organizational and analytical skills.
• Must be able to schedule and direct employee work flow; monitor and evaluate individual employee performance against established standards; train and develop employees to meet and exceed expected performance guidelines.
• All of the above generally gained through a four year degree in business administration or equivalent, plus 10 years related experience.
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.