Since 1910, the year of its foundation in Souk el Jamil Beirut, “Le Grand Magasin d’Electricité operated in the lighting business.
It specialized in the wholesale and retail of electrical, gas and petrol lamps. The founder, César Debbas was joined by his 3 sons in 1954, and the company was rebranded as César Debbas & Fils.
The Company’s main activities were trading, manufacturing and contracting in the electrical and lighting fields. By 1978, consistent with market growth and needs, Debbas evolved into a corporate group.