Job description / Role
As GENERAL MANAGER (GM), your missions will be as follows:
• General Manager must be able to conduct monthly safety meetings for all employees (without exception).
• Responsible for managing all operational activities and multiple carrier contracts
• Must be able to conduct flight audits, station audits, and risk & behavior audits.
• Participate in monthly company safety conference calls.
• Able to communicate and instill safety awareness in all employees, including new hires.
• Oversee recruiting and placement efforts to ensure staffing levels meet requirements and exercise the best possible effort to follow any instructions provided by the Customer or their designee regarding standards, procedures, and practices.
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
• Oversee any disciplinary action resulting from or potentially leading to termination in order to ensure proper documentation and consistent application of policies.
• Coordinate purchases for operational necessities and ensure adequate supplies are available to meet customer standards.
• Review final payroll and daily hours to ensure salaries and wages remain within budgetary restraints.
• Monitor the impacts of operational irregularities on such costs and ensure out of scope is documented and approved accordingly.
• Conduct weekly Lead/Supervisor meetings, daily briefings with mechanic for equipment updates and timely repair, participate in employee shift briefings and customer shift briefings or team meetings as required.
• Observe and ensure full compliance of uniform and appearance guidelines and inspect facility daily including; supply rooms, storage rooms, storage, break rooms and office areas.
• Review all daily, weekly and monthly operational reports to ensure proper dissemination, including but not limited to; shift reports, disciplinary actions, incident reports, safety meeting minutes, monthly summary reports, pay change notices, employee evaluations, work orders, or any other local reporting medium.
• Investigate all service failures including chargeable delays, baggage/cargo/mail mishandling.
• Liaise with all customer service, airport, and our customer.
• Respond to and/or investigate concerns reported by customers and supervisory personnel.
• Ability to develop and mentor supervisors, leads and aspiring team members to grow their careers.
• Postgraduate managerial, commerce or legal qualification.
• Diploma in Civil Aviation Management or equivalent professional qualification in one or more of the major fields of Civil Aviation.
• A Master of Business Administration (MBA) or LLB qualification will be an added advantage
About the Company
Since 2013, Ivory Jet Services has been empowering the African Aviation market with new possibilities as it continues to deliver the best-in-class business aviation services.