A well-developed feasibility study is an essential foundation to allow project analysis and design activities to commence in a focused manner. It either refines a business case by examining the range of possible options and potential issues or forms a basis for its development. Feasibility studies address issues that could influence the success of a potential project and assess the advantages and disadvantages of each option so they can be ranked. The end product of the study is a clear concise report which presents the proposed project's objectives with conclusions and recommendations for the next phase.
Who should take this course
Those who desire to learn practical project management techniques of a feasibility study that will assist them in completing work and projects. Those who may also be a in position whereby they are required to review analyse and make recommendations to Senior Management on the quality of a previously developed feasibility study.
Day One Planning a Feasibility Study:
- Introductions course purpose goals and objectives
- What are feasibility studies and why are they important?
- Feasibility studies - definitions principles and concepts
- Identifying where a feasibility study occurs in a project plan
- Creating and protecting & Understanding the business need
Day Two Considering the Options:
- Distinguishing between needs and wants
- Performing an options analysis
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Consideration of the risks and opportunities
Day Three The Risk Assessment:
- The risk management process and application
- Identifying and assessing the risks of the preferred option
- Identifying and managing key stakeholders
- Establishing the cost estimate
- Contingency determination
Day Four The Feasibility Assessment and Evaluation:
- Determining the most feasible option
- Financial analysis techniques
- Non discounting methods
- Discounting methods
- Net Present Value Internal Rate of Return
Day Five Preparing the Report:
- Developing the feasibility report
- Understand the characteristics of proper communication
- Identifying how interpersonal relationships ensure successful feasibility studies
- Real case feasibility study review and analysis
- Summary key messages and learning outcomes
About Course Provider
London Training for Excellence offer a wide range of training courses in London for organisations and individuals who wish to advance their skills and knowledge in the business world. With a great training centre in London, London TFE have everything that is needed to understand the basic needs of a business. Each course focuses on the ‘real-life’ issues a business could face and how to tackle them with ease.
London TFE have a team of enthusiastic leaders and instructors who share a passion for education and want to deliver that same passion to every individual who wish to take a business to succession. Each training courses London encourages individual to aim high and reach their full potential.