Job description / Role
- Ensure outstanding delivery of 3PL services at minimum cost by closely and effectively managing the relationship with them.
A day in the life of
- Implementing, monitoring and managing Safety, Health & Environment, Quality and CARE regulations and Nestle best practices at the 3PL.
- Tracking 3PL productivity improvement and actively working with the 3PL team to improve our shared KPIs.
- Putting in place a structured continuous improvement approach based on the application of tools/methods (DMAIC) and the implementation of Nestle best practices.
- Driving initiatives for opportunities to Nestle’s benefit within the relationship with the 3PL.
- Participate to tenders to select the most suitable 3PL and managing the contract with service providers by:
• Tracking the 3PL's performance and cost, solving day to day issues with the 3PL, motivating the 3PL to continuously improve performance.
• Validating and reconciling 3PL invoices to guarantee that services invoiced, and tariffs used are corresponding to the contract.
• Act as focal point to ensure smooth communication and collaboration between the 3PL team and Nestle internal functions (Customer Service, Transportation, Supply Planning, Imp/Exp, Factories and others) and actively resolve any uprising issues.
• Act as an ambassador and lead the Warehousing development for our distributors to match Nestle standards.
What will make you successful
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Successful operational experience in a leadership role at market/business environment.
- Warehouse Management or experience in any other relevant Supply Chain leadership role.
- Experience in managing 3PL or working at 3PL managing a key account/complex operations.
- Experience in the management of projects such as: 'High Performing Warehouses'
About the Company
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.