Job description / Role
The Advanced Customer Support (ACS) is a unit within Oracle’s Customer Service Organization that enables long term advanced support relationships with many of Oracle's largest customers. Advanced Services Engineers working within ACS deliver proactive and reactive technical support to these customers, assisting them to maximize the stability, availability and performance of their critical business systems.
• Primarily, and key mission of the role, is delivery of technical expertise in assigned Oracle product domain(s) to Oracle customers either onsite or remotely. It serves as second line support resource mainly, however providing first line support on occasional basis can be requested. Future development is focused on becoming recognized expert in respective Oracle product area at global level.
• Provide technical guidance and assistance either as required or as part of longer term engagements with key customers
• Provide reactive onsite and/or remote technical assistance in close cooperation with Oracle Global Support and Product Development for problem analysis and investigation.
• Provide alternative temporary workarounds to technical problems in customer’s Oracle systems
• Provide proactive technical advices to avoid possible future issues. Work with customers and other Oracle professionals to ensure proper design and implementation of relevant solutions.
• Document work delivered to customers
• Delivering, according to internal methodology and quality standards.
• Identifying required / recommended actions on Customer systems as main output of service delivery, based on available best practices and delivery methodology and tools.
• Escalating Customer issues to Technical Account Manager where relevant.
• Proposing integrations to existing delivery methodology and tools to fit new products or services.
• Contributing to testing and validation of tools defined for delivery of service.
• Technical Support to Technical Account Managers.
• As part of a global team, Practice Sharing and Knowledge Sharing will be the basis to construct a solid, high quality delivery global team, as well as taking part on global projects and initiatives.
• Bs or Ms in Computer sciences, MIS or related field
• Minimum of 10 years of DBA experience with supporting/managing production and non-production databases, dealing with critical situations
• Advising on system high availability solutions and design of physical data storage, maintenance, access and security administration
• Optimizing database access and allocating/re-allocating database resources for optimum configuration, database performance and cost
• Experience with complex incident diagnostics and resolutions in multivendor and multi-technology environments
• Have an excellent command of English
• Holding a similar position will be an asset and male applicants must be free from military obligation
• Big Data scenarios and products involved. BDA (Big Data Appliance), Oracle No SQL, Hadoop, SQL Connectors, Cloudera, ODI (Oracle Data Integrator), Oracle R
• Oracle Database 12c and previous versions. Certifications (OCA, OCP and OCM) highly appreciated
• Oracle Real Application Cluster, CRS, ASM and EXADATA. High Availability architectures.
• Oracle Golden Gate, Oracle Dataguard and Recovery scenarios and architectures.
• Enterprise Manager, Grid control and monitoring tools. Cloud, DbaaS highly appreciated.
• Advanced performance tuning and optimization techniques, SQL Tuning.
• Strong UNIX skills and MS Windows operating system knowledge
• Any Systems and Storage, Hardware and Software, knowledge or Background highly appreciated
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As an Advisory Systems Engineer, you are expected to be an expert member of the problem-solving/avoidance team and be highly skilled in solving extremely complex (often previously unknown), critical customer issues. Performing the assigned duties with a high level of autonomy and reporting to management on customer status and technical matters on a regular basis, you will be expected to work with very limited guidance from management. Further, the Advisory Systems Engineer is sought by customers and Oracle employees to provide expert technical advice.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Because of substantial customer interfacing, a demonstrated ability to work with customers on an independent basis with exceptional communication skills, while consistently achieving the absolute highest levels of customer satisfaction. Both a Bachelor*s and Master*s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience 8 years related experience prior to taking this position. In addition, experience with Oracle*s core products, applications, and tools.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.