Job description / Role
The Oracle ACS Applications developer is an experienced technical professional, who has an understanding of business solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes and technology designs within the Oracle Applications supporting products and technologies. The candidate should have experience in implementation or support of large to medium Oracle Applications implementation projects.
He or She should be able to operate independently to provide quality work products, and perform varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment.
• Work on developing technical solutions to meet business requirements gathered and documented by functional consultants
• Identify and resolve key issues related to code change requirements and bug fixes
• Support Oracle ERP products and services from the technical aspect in line with the contractual agreement
• Works with support to resolve Customers SRs.
• Conduct knowledge transfer sessions both within the Oracle team and to end users.
• Work closely with the functional team and delivery leaders to provide development work estimates and drive excellence in technical work.
• Strong technical knowledge in Oracle applications, SQL and PL-SQL is a must.
• Strong knowledge in OAF, XML, Oracle Forms and Reports, AME, WF is a must.
• Java, ADF and PaaS skills are preferred
• Oracle relevant technical Certification are preferred
• Good understanding of functional parts of the developed code (Preferably in Oracle Financials and HRMS).
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Technical troubleshooting experience.
• Strong English written/verbal communications
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent technical troubleshooting experience
• Self-motivated individual who works well in a team environment.
• Willing to travel to customer sites on a regular basis.
• Experience in working as part of Global/ Matrixed/ Remote teams.
• Self-driven, ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Willing to work in shifts & weekends as required.
• Willing to travel in the region (MEA) and work out of client locations.
• Willing to provide on-call support on a 24/7 basis when needed.
6 years+ of overall experience in relevant technical roles, having product and technical expertise relevant to practice focus.
Travel: Yes, 50+ % of the Time
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As an Advisory Systems Engineer, you are expected to be an expert member of the problem-solving/avoidance team and be highly skilled in solving extremely complex (often previously unknown), critical customer issues. Performing the assigned duties with a high level of autonomy and reporting to management on customer status and technical matters on a regular basis, you will be expected to work with very limited guidance from management. Further, the Advisory Systems Engineer is sought by customers and Oracle employees to provide expert technical advice.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Because of substantial customer interfacing, a demonstrated ability to work with customers on an independent basis with exceptional communication skills, while consistently achieving the absolute highest levels of customer satisfaction. Both a Bachelor*s and Master*s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience 8 years related experience prior to taking this position. In addition, experience with Oracle*s core products, applications, and tools.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.