Job description / Role
A highly experienced Senior Oracle Applications DBA with deep technical expertise in installing, configuring, upgrading, migrating and managing large production builds of Oracle Applications and EBS Suite of Products. Ideally should have 6-10 years of hands-on experience as an Apps DBA managing production environments. Strong in Oracle Applications performance tuning and troubleshooting middleware stack components.
• Works at customer site in the implementation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting and Upgrade of Oracle Applications R12, Oracle MW components (Web Logic, OID, etc..)
• Works with support to resolve Customers SRs.
• Conduct knowledge transfer sessions both within the Oracle team and to end users.
• Work closely with the functional team and delivery leaders to provide engagements work estimates and drive excellence in functional work.
• Ensures that new services are appropriately captured and put in ACS corporate repository
• Proactively maintains knowledge of Oracle's current and future products/solutions offerings for the specified Supply Chain area.
• Highly experienced in the implementation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting and Upgrade of Oracle Applications R12.
• Proven exposure of installation of Oracle Application R12.1 & R12.2 on Enterprise Linux production environments.
• Experienced in installation and managing middleware components like Oracle WebLogic server, OID etc.
• Good Conceptual knowledge of Oracle RDBMS internals, Backup & Recovery using RMAN, performance tuning, logical and physical design of database.
• Experience working in an enterprise environment and supporting critical production databases and applications.
• Experience in installing, configuring, upgrading and administering different versions of Oracle Database.
• Strong experience working as an Oracle Applications DBA in 12.x versions.
• Solid understanding of the product architecture and ability to analyze and solve issues across multiple layers of the stack.
• Exposure to RAC and ASM Administration.
• Must have the ability to upgrade and migrate databases from one platform to another using various tools like Oracle Data Pump, RMAN and TTS/XTTX and execute migrations using such tools.
• Hands-on experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager.
• Must be familiar with day-to-day operations such as monitoring, performance tuning and making recommendations after generating AWR and ADDR reports.
• Troubleshooting memory related errors with Oracle 12c and Patching with RAC and Non RAC.
• Provide support for Oracle database environments that include problem identification, reporting, tracking, analysis, and resolution.
• Strong shell scripting knowledge.
• Good knowledge of PL/SQL.
• Experience in working with Oracle Applications & Databases running on Oracle Cloud platform.
• Experience in migrating on premise databases to Oracle Cloud.
Basic software networking skills.
• Strong English written/verbal communications
• Self-motivated individual who works well in a team environment.
• Willingness to work in shifts & weekends as required.
• Willingness to travel in the region (MEA) and work out of client locations.
• Willingness to provide on-call support on a 24/7 basis when needed.
• Experience in working as part of Global/ Matrixed/ Remote teams.
• Self-driven, ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Excellent Analytical skills.
• 6 years+ of overall experience in relevant technical roles.
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.