Job description / Role
The ACS – Financials Functional engineer, will work as functional consultant on Oracle application in the Financials track. The candidate should have a solid understanding of basic business concepts and practices in the financials area. An implementation experience in complex to medium complexity environment is required. He or She should be able to operate independently to provide quality work products, and perform varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment.
• Works with the client to understand requirements, functionality and business processes
• Translate customer requirements into deliverable products and services
• Provide functional assessment of implemented solutions, with recommendations for enhanced processes, best usage of Oracle applications features and better performance results
• Develops test plans, procedures and runs the tests accordingly
• Support Oracle Financials products and services in line with the contractual agreement
• Works with support to resolve customers SRs.
• Conduct knowledge transfer sessions both within the Oracle team and to end users
• Work closely with the technical team and delivery leaders to provide engagements work estimates and drive excellence in functional work.
• Ensures that new services are appropriately captured and put in ACS corporate repository
• Proactively maintains knowledge of Oracle's current and future products/solutions offerings for the specified Financials area.
• At least 5-7 years in Oracle EBS Financials implementation experiences
• Strong functional knowledge of Oracle Financials modules (General Ledger, Treasury, Cash Management, Payables, Receivables, Advanced Collections, Internet Expenses, Fixed Assets, eBusiness Tax)
• Strong functional knowledge of the Projects Accounting tracks (Project Foundation, Project Costing, Project Billing, Project Management)
• Knowledge of SQL and PL-SQL is an asset
• Good exposure to various phases of project implementation cycle
• Strong English written/verbal communications
• Self-motivated individual who works well in a team environment.
• Willing to travel to customer sites on a regular basis.
• Experience in working as part of Global/ Matrixed/ Remote teams.
• Self-driven, ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Excellent Analytical skills.
• Willing to work in shifts & weekends as required.
• Willing to travel in the region (MEA) and work out of client locations.
• Willing to provide on-call support on a 24/7 basis when needed.
6 years+ of overall experience in relevant functional roles.
Travel: Yes, 50+ % of the Time
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As an Advisory Systems Engineer, you are expected to be an expert member of the problem-solving/avoidance team and be highly skilled in solving extremely complex (often previously unknown), critical customer issues. Performing the assigned duties with a high level of autonomy and reporting to management on customer status and technical matters on a regular basis, you will be expected to work with very limited guidance from management. Further, the Advisory Systems Engineer is sought by customers and Oracle employees to provide expert technical advice.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Because of substantial customer interfacing, a demonstrated ability to work with customers on an independent basis with exceptional communication skills, while consistently achieving the absolute highest levels of customer satisfaction. Both a Bachelor*s and Master*s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience 8 years related experience prior to taking this position. In addition, experience with Oracle*s core products, applications, and tools.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.