Job description / Role
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for an ambitious and self-driven software architect to join our team! IBM Interactive Experience (iX) will work with the client on this journey, to shape new demands, to create and develop an environment that enables innovation and the rapid testing of ideas (fail fast, learn fast), to set up the tools, methods and approaches for the client to create a sustainable and cost-effective digital capability.
IBM is looking for Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Architect to work closely with clients, developers, business analysts to build AEM solutions and translate business requirements into technical details.
- Advise and mentor developer teams.
- Lead and develop projects from early concept through design development.
- Consult with clients to determine their requirements.
- Deliver requirements for integrated solutions across various IT disciplines.
- Responsibility for creation and following day to day architecture and delivery plan.
- Pay attention to system integration, sustainability and feasibility.
- Suggest and implement solutions for process improvement.
- Adhere to all the requirements and guidelines for quality, security, extensibility etc.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English - fluent.
- 4 + years of experience in application architecture and Java software development
- 2 + years of experience implementing Adobe Experience Manager solutions (Sites, Assets)
- Experience with one or more of: SOAP/REST, SQL/NoSQL databases, ESB.
- Experience with one or more Java concepts and patterns including: Java , OSGI , Sling, JMS, Junit .
- Experience designing and building in the cloud (ideally Azure).
- Experience with project automation technologies including: Jenkins, Continuum, Hudson, automated unit testing, Maven, SonarCube, Selenium, Jira, and GitHub
- Strong skills to effectively interface with client
- Configuration planning, testing, change management knowledge and experiences.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong collaboration and team leading skills
- Agile Development Methodology experience is advantageous
- Experience with Adobe Cloud Manager, CDN configuration.
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager SPA framework and exposure to serverless (Adobe I/O).
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.