Job description / Role
As IBM Egypt continues to expand, we will be looking for Big Data Application Architects in the coming months.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge. We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM. We are hiring
Create. Inspire. Design.
The Big Data Architect Team:
The Big Data Architect team are responsible for building and supporting the big data platform. As an Application Architect in Big Data, your responsibilities include:
- Develop technical vision, architecture, design and development of big platform components.
- Oversee complete Hadoop administration using Ambari Management console.
- Spearhead installation and initial configuration of Hadoop including minor & major upgrades of Hadoop Eco System
- Managing & running jobs, scheduling Hadoop jobs, configuring the Schedule
- Rebalancing the Cluster, Monitoring and troubleshooting
- Hadoop cluster job performance & capacity monitoring & future planning,
- Monitoring Hadoop cluster connectivity, security and Alerts
- Setup, configure and manage security for Hadoop clusters (Ranger Plugins, Ranger ACLs, Hadoop ACLs)
- Performing Scheduled and Adhoc Snapshots, Backup and recovery for Hadoop Cluster
- Log Analysis for Service Check failures and Job Failures.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
To ensure success in the role you will possess the following skills:
- At least 5 years of Hadoop Platform Deployment & Administration experience (Hortonworks Distribution)
- 3 years of big data platform performance tuning and testing of Hadoop clusters and Hadoop MapReduce routines.
- Familiar with installation and configuration of Hadoop components (Hortonworks Distribution)
- Solid skills in Unix/Linux Administration
- Good knowledge with infrastructure, network, hardware and software
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: None
Key Job Details
- Country: EG
- State: AL QAHIRAH
- City: CAIRO
- Category: Architect
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type: Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Fixed Term - Short Term
- Req ID: 146521BR
- Location: CAIRO, AL QAHIRAH EG
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.