Job description / Role
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience – it’s what IBMers do. In Africa, we’ve been changing the way the continent does business for more than 50 years, and as our company continues to grow, we’re looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers, and make an impact.
The Developer in this job role should have expertise in translating IT requirements in the design, development, and assembly of components to create custom information systems. Typical examples of the deliverables are functional and technical designs, models, components, code, unit tests, and documentation. IT Specialists who primarily apply their technical skills in an internal or external customer billable services and implementation environment. The employee leads technical support or the business processes.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Possesses skills in popular DevOps automation tools, can perform installation and configuration of these tools on cloud or non-cloud infrastructure.
• Understands the project and application context and accordingly configure the DevOps tools, setup continuous integration for automated and continuous builds, develop build script & versioning, build packaging and deployment on the server, and setup continuous testing.
• Has knowledge of software engineering processes, coding (Java, Shell, Python), DevOps best practices, SDLC processes.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
• Experience and working knowledge in key functional processes. Awareness of business activities.
• Exchanges information, ideas and concepts. Requires negotiation to achieve coordination.
• Use advanced technical knowledge to perform and apply new technical procedures to the business processes. May recommend improvements to existing technical procedures based on understanding of new technologies.
• Working individually or as a team member, may set work priorities within well established procedures and objectives.
• May provide coordination of activities.
• Gives technical direction. Viewed as a technical expert.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.