Job description / Role
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience - it's what IBMers do. In Africa, we've been changing the way the continent does business for more than 50 years, and as our company continues to grow, we're looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers, and make an impact.
• The Developer in this job role have expertise in translating IT requirements in the design, development, and assembly of components to create custom information systems.
• Typical examples of the deliverables are functional and technical designs, models, components, code, unit tests, and documentation.
• IT Specialists who primarily apply their technical skills in an internal or external customer billable services and implementation environment.
• The employee focuses on individual/team objectives and development of professional effectiveness
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Professional knowledge related to incumbent's department or function.
• Engaged as an independent professional.
• Ability to articulate and compare alternatives approaches.
• Negotiate with specified objectives.
• Recognize problems related to project objectives.
• Creativity and judgment applied to professional technical, or operational problems. Independently generates solutions, based on analytical skills & business knowledge.
• Challenge the validity of given procedures and processes to enhance and improve or develop complementary adjustments /solutions.
• Works on special projects, or leads small teams, or manages routine technical/ operational activities or departments (national or international).
• Understands departmental mission and vision.
• Provides advice in technical/operational domain of specialization.
• Generally controls own work priorities and methods requiring tradeoffs.
About Business Unit
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Your Life at IBM
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.